B. Commerce - Halp (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
Hmm well the reason I was thinking about UTS was because of a few career advisors I went to. But, it seems as though it's now between Syd and NSW now :p

And yea, they put a lot of effort into their open day. I guess Syd and NSW assume everyone knows they are the best haha.

Last edited:

@who

HSC
Rorix said:
And you have replied to the very threads that ifsonotso is talking about. Dude, being as blunt as possible, don't go to UTS without a good reason. I don't think any UTS student would get offended if I said it wasn't on the same level, employment opportunities wise, as UNSW or USYD
your a dope. i know a stack of graduates that end up in top companies from uts. it dosnt matter what uni you go to in the case here.

Rorix

HSC
Garygaz said:
Hmm well the reason I was thinking about UTS was because of a few career advisors I went to. But, it seems as though it's now between Syd and NSW now :p
Well mate unless you hope to be a career adviser in the future....;)

billbro

HSC
N/A
Like others, I would say given the choice you should be looking at USYD or UNSW. You should be looking at the course content on their faculty sites and also the respective schools you intend to major in. I'm biased and although I don't believe the teaching at UNSW is all that great, they are definitely well recognised in terms of Commerce and their school of accounting is among the best globally.

I've only gone through the summer vacation recruitment process, but I also encountered very few UTS students, actually from memory the only guy I met was a cadet. However, there were quite a few com/law Macq students and a rare handful from UOW as well.

lionking1191

HSC
Garygaz said:
Yea, though it's weird. For example, a lot of people I talk to say how Syd and NSW have better employability though when I went to the UTS open day they were showing all the sponsor companies for their B. Bus course who hand out around 30 internships, they have like 3 of the big 4 accounting firms, couple of the big banks, Macquarie Bank, Amatil, Uni-lever and others. So, on that note, if such prominent companies are apparently backing the uni how come it is seen as having bad employability?
well if they are flaunting it around that much what does that tell you...

Garygaz

HSC
Either they are desperate or proud, nothing really.

Also, @ Billbro, I'm considering finance, which one would you recommend for that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)