B. Commerce (1 Viewer)

Angelmallo

HSC
Hi. I have been enrolled into B Commerce at UNSW this year. However most of my friends are doing a combined degree with commerce instead. I'm planning on doing a double major so... was it a wise choice? I have been told that it's a waste not to do a combined degree. Is that true?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
No. For a combined degree, you get 2 degrees in 5 years rather than 6. (That's if it's arts or sciences and sometimes engineering). However with your B Commerce, I'm pretty sure that you can take up units outside the faculty. Also, with the degree you are doing, I'm pretty sure that you can have 2 majors (eg. mktg and econ). For Com/Sci at UNSW, i think it's one sci major and one com. major. Not 100% sure on all of these matters. Sorry if I've made a mistake.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Another thing just came to mind.
Angelmallo said:
Hi. I have been enrolled into B Commerce at UNSW this year. However most of my friends are doing a combined degree with commerce instead. I'm planning on doing a double major so... was it a wise choice? I have been told that it's a waste not to do a combined degree. Is that true?
If you've changed your mind, try to transfer into a double. You can also start doing science or arts or engineering after you've finished the commerce. Can't you?

volition

arr.
HSC
It's not a waste if you want to get out of uni faster and have less HECS debt (and other uni related expenses) ;)

Angelmallo

HSC
well i'm planning to have one major in HRM instead of finance and such. And if I were to transfer to combined degree in later years, how do I do that? Sorry, i'm just sort of lost

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Angelmallo said:
well i'm planning to have one major in HRM instead of finance and such. And if I were to transfer to combined degree in later years, how do I do that? Sorry, i'm just sort of lost
Apply through UAC, the same was as a recent school leaver.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
No you don't have to go through UAC, grab a form from commerce place at unsw and you can internally transfer (ie. Comm to Comm/Arts to Comm/Eng to Comm/Sci and so-forth)

klaw

HSC
It's not a waste. I'm a Comm/Arts student and if anything, I think doing my arts is a waste. It's not really going to help me much career wise but it's for personal interest.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
klaw said:
It's not a waste. I'm a Comm/Arts student and if anything, I think doing my arts is a waste. It's not really going to help me much career wise but it's for personal interest.
Your long threads psychoanalysing this matter on bos and unsw were also a waste but it's not like it's going to help you.

Zing.

In saying that come on gayz if you don't want to be restricted to just a straight commerce degree than you'd pick commerce (liberal studies).

It's like comm/arts in one less year (comm/sci is the same length but is highly unhumanitarian. and hardgay).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)