B Eco /b Commerce Help! (1 Viewer)

wyho

HSC
N/A
hello everyone im currently a yr 12 student at trinity grammar and doing fine =)

i juz haf some confusion abt some courses at UNI ... b/eco and b/comm

i wana ask what are the career opportunities for these 2 course?
do they both lead to accounting career?
if i wana become a financial advisor then which one shud i choose?

jpr333

HSC
Commerce, you have to major in economics if you do a b economics and i don't think the career prospects for economics is all that great. If you did commerce you could double major in accounting and finance which is what I'm probably doing, that way you can get a CPA be a recognised accountant and have the major in finance.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
they are both very similar, got for comm and then eco and let ur UAI make the decision for u

hello99999

HSC
you can't get proper accounting accreditation from an economics degree because there isn't enough room.

if you want to be an economist, do eco. if you want to be an accountant, do commerce.

wyho

HSC
N/A
if i wana do marketing then which course will best suit me?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
b eco is b comm majoring in economics and ecmt...
so if u want to be an accountant/marketing person, u want to do b comm...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
myg0t said:
they are both very similar, got for comm and then eco and let ur UAI make the decision for u
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!! THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING IVE EVER SEEN~!!!

(your avatar)

it'd be better if you photoshopped a laser pointer making that cross.

and severed his head.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
xiao1985 said:
b eco is b comm majoring in economics and ecmt...
so if u want to be an accountant/marketing person, u want to do b comm...
if you want to be a marketing person, I think either commerce (liberal studies) or economic and social sciences would be better.
however, if you also want to major in accounting, then go for straight commerce

jpr333

HSC
Its basically an extra year of doing irrelevant subjects (from most accounts) but it differentiates your degree and gives you leeway within the course only one compulsory unit.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
it may be irrelevant but good if u would like to try some arts/science units without having to do a whole degree in it

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blackfriday said:
is b commerce (liberal studies) much more work than just b com?
It's good because you don't have to waste your time doing 6 compulsory units that you could otherwise dedicate to working on your majors.

sarevok

HSC
but...you need a lot of the compulsory units to do some majors...eg. i believe you need all of the compulsory units bar the finance one to do an accredited accounting major. though i think commerce liberal studies is good to make you a more 'well rounded' candidate if you don't mind the extra year.

aditya

HSC
lol someone answer his qeustion properly palease

the boy asked what to do to become a financial planner...

the best of getting there mate is to do bcommerce, major in accounting and finance, then... with whateva company u get into as an accountant ask them to shift u over to a financial planner position - for that ud need to do a graduate diploma in financial planning... but u can worry about that later

first just go for commerce - accounting finance - this is the only SAFE way of becoming a financial planner, accounting jobs are aplenty so ull land one , and most of the time accountants and financial planners work closely, if not in the same company, so then after networking u can make ur way to wherever u want... uve prolli heard this before, but i cant stress it enough - ACCOUNTING LEADS TO A VERY BROAD RANGE OF CAREERS!!!! people told me but i still wasnt confident, i just learned first hand the meaning of this "phrase"

u could get away with beconomics if u dunt have the uai for commerce just do economics + accounting, because finance is a branch of economics anyway, so wateva u missed out on in finance, economics will give u a strong base to learn it in the future anyway - quickly)...

so yeh... sumarry - bcommerce - accounting finance or beconmics - accounting economics/econmetrics(if ur a maths person) then go for the biggest company u can achieve and do a graduate diploma in financial planning - this is reuqired to be a legal financial planner (i believe)

so its pretty simple realli, i think u can do any commerce, business related course.... and be eligible for the financial planning course... and i think this area of finance is booming so u wunt be hardpressed to find a job if u show initiative passion broad skills blah blah

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA AHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!! THAT WAS THE GREATEST THING IVE EVER SEEN~!!!

(your avatar)

it'd be better if you photoshopped a laser pointer making that cross.

and severed his head.

ill leave it to u son...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)