B.Economics - choosing courses/subjects for ICAA requirements (1 Viewer)

yanxx

HSC
ok can somebody please help me out here? I'm enrolling for B.Economics and I want to major in accounting... if I want to be ICAA accredited in the future, I know I have to choose certain courses so I;m elidgible... ok so does it matter when I take these courses?

I think I'm not makng very much sense so could somebody please tell me what courses to take and when to take them?

I've been here:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/136/faculty-business/99962/b-economics-icaa-accredited.html

and here:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...-courses-needed-complete-major-economics.html

and I;m still confused because some of the courses these people are not available on my selection sheet... does that mean they come up in 2nd and 3rd year??

And YES I have been on the ICAA website...and I'm still confused!

SORRY FOR BEING AN IDIOT!!!

schmeichung

HSC
Apparently you will have to complete the following courses:
ACCT1501(1A)
ACCT1511(1B)
ACCT2522(2A)
ACCT2542(2B)
ACCT3A
ACCT3B
AUDITING
LEGT1711
LEGT2721
LEGT2741
LEGT2751
INFS1602 (not too sure about this)

yanxx

HSC
ok so now I know what subjects to take... does it matter when I take them? Like I said before, not all the subjects seem to be on my selection sheet?!?! I see FINS1613 and LEGT1711 but no other LEGT courses :(

does that mean they come up for selction in later years?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yanxx said:
ok so now I know what subjects to take... does it matter when I take them? Like I said before, not all the subjects seem to be on my selection sheet?!?! I see FINS1613 and LEGT1711 but no other LEGT courses :(

does that mean they come up for selction in later years?
The other LEGT courses require you to pass LEGT1711, so you'll see them next semester onwards I guess.

A word of caution though, I've heard that if you do a subject that exceeds the UoC for the degree (is it still 144 for commerce?) then you pay full fee? Might want to clarify with the uni on that.

studymon

Happy Member
HSC
I had a look at "http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/facu...Australia(ICAA)" and was shocked to see 14 'required courses' for the professional recognition as a CPA. Does this mean that you have to complete: CORE COURSES + 14 REQUIRED COURSES??

Bloody ...thats A LOT of courses!! (particularly since im going to do a double major of accounting + finance) Am i getting something wrong here??
..please tell me i am 0_0

drmix

HSC
N/A
if ur doin ACCT/FINS and want a CPA or CA

u JUST have enough subject spaces to do it

schmeichung

HSC
Minai said:
The other LEGT courses require you to pass LEGT1711, so you'll see them next semester onwards I guess.

A word of caution though, I've heard that if you do a subject that exceeds the UoC for the degree (is it still 144 for commerce?) then you pay full fee? Might want to clarify with the uni on that.
No you dont have to pay full fee. I have done 150 UoC for my degree and no one asks me to pay immediately nor full fee.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
As drmix said, you'll find that most of the compulsory subjects for an accounting or finance major are part of the prequisites for enrolling in the CA/CPA programs, so its not like you have to do many extra subjects, I think it's just the Info Sys one for CPA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)