B Economics: How many days a week?? (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
I just called up the School of Economics, and they told me that it would be around 4-5 days a week. Is this true??? 4-5 days a week for only 12 contact hrs?!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I just called up the School of Economics, and they told me that it would be around 4-5 days a week. Is this true??? 4-5 days a week for only 12 contact hrs?!
Depends on what time the lectures and tutorials are offered. I'm pretty sure you'd get a day off considering economics doesn't have that many contact hours. Have you tried creating a draft timetable yet? It should give you a fair idea of what you are up for. https://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true

Meshy590

HSC
I've managed to fit all my lectures into 2 days, but I'm having issues putting the tutorials on the same two days.

Hmmm, I'm currently enrolled in UNSW, and I have 2 whole days free...

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So are the tutorials offered on the same day as the lectures or do they end up clashing with a certain lecture? :S

ADD ON: My friend had his clashes 'exempted' - not sure of the proper term to use. This is when he was able to attend the tutorial that clashed with a certain lecture. But he had his reasons to do so - if this is the case you can try and get the clashes 'exempted'.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
4 days is fairly standard for first year. While it ultimately depends on the subjects you choose, you can probably expect to go down to three days from second year onwards.

Meshy590

HSC
So are the tutorials offered on the same day as the lectures or do they end up clashing with a certain lecture? :S

ADD ON: My friend had his clashes 'exempted' - not sure of the proper term to use. This is when he was able to attend the tutorial that clashed with a certain lecture. But he had his reasons to do so - if this is the case you can try and get the clashes 'exempted'.
The problem is that some subjects don't have tutorials on the 2 days that I have fit my lectures in to.

Meshy590

HSC
4 days is fairly standard for first year. While it ultimately depends on the subjects you choose, you can probably expect to go down to three days from second year onwards.
Wow, that's quite a lot for B Eco... do we get the opportunity to alter our timetables?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)