B Economics?? (1 Viewer)

dizzlemizzle

HSC
Hi, I've done 2 unit advanced math in high school, would that be enough for this degree?

Am I allowed 2 majors? If so, I would pick Accounting and Economics. Just wondering how difficult the economics major gets in second and third year? Also do I have to pick at least one major out of economics, econometrics and financial econometrics or can I pick both my majors from Australian school of business?

Last question- I've heard that the degree doesn't have good job prospects unless you complete honours (which I don't really want to do) so does an eco degree have overall good jobs prospects? and with a major in accounting would I have the same job prospects as someone who majored in accounting in a commerce degree?

Thanks.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I've done 2 unit advanced math in high school, would that be enough for this degree?

Am I allowed 2 majors? If so, I would pick Accounting and Economics. Just wondering how difficult the economics major gets in second and third year? Also do I have to pick at least one major out of economics, econometrics and financial econometrics or can I pick both my majors from Australian school of business?

Last question- I've heard that the degree doesn't have good job prospects unless you complete honours (which I don't really want to do) so does an eco degree have overall good jobs prospects? and with a major in accounting would I have the same job prospects as someone who majored in accounting in a commerce degree?

Thanks.
You can do a double major in Economics & Accounting.

2U Maths is sufficient for an Economics major...in terms of mathematical content, I'd say Econometrics is the harder major.

As for job prospects, well you'd need a strong credit average as a minimum requirement (if you're doing a single Economics major) and companies generally prefer candidates who complete honours in Economics.

Not sure about double major job prospects..but completing Economics + Accounting would give you more flexibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)