B Ed/ B Arts major/minor help (1 Viewer)

Nrgjester

HSC
Hi, im really new to this and i have no clue as to what my choices are for this, i realise about the fact that my major has to be a teaching subject but what confuses me are the minor subjects.

I was looking through the units of study and they have these crazy awesome courses which i'd like to do (Japanese 1) but i dont understand if i get to choose any of these or if theres a definitive list i can choose from, completely confused, sorry if my question seems vague, im trying to major in history/english but i dont understand if i can choose random minors just to keep me interested in the arts portion...

Any help is thoroughly appreciated! Thanks!

symple

HSC
In B Arts / B Ed, you have a major and a minor teaching subject.

If you are doing history / english, then one is your major and one is your minor.

It doesn't matter which is which in first-year - you do one UoS per semester of each, and one UoS of basic education-teaching-overview-stuff.

That leaves you 2 UoS in first-year of which to do any arts subject you like.

To recap: in your first (& then second) semester you choose
- 1 random (first teaching subject) UoS
- 1 random (second teaching subject) UoS
- 1 random anything you like in arts dept.
& 1 ed subject (compulsory).

Hope this helps.

el gwapo

HSC
I've heard a lot about this "minor" thing without knowing much about the details. I thought officially there were only "majors".

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Well, the major and minor is pretty much the same but I guess at the end of the course, you come to a decision which subject you prefer over the other. They just use it as a means of differentiation I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)