B.Engineering (Aeronautical Engineering) (Space) (1 Viewer)

antarctic

HSC
Hi!
I'm currently trying to figure out what courses I should put on my UAC preferences, and Im considering the B. Eng. (Aeronautical Engineering) (Space) degree. Can anyone (preferably doing the degree..) give me some feed back on what the course is like, and what opportunities exist for post-graduate study and/or employment?
Also, is it possible (or practical) to combine this degree with a Bachelor of Commerce?

Thanks in Advance

Antarctic

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my bro did it for first yr and then changed to computer engineering

its a crapload of physics and maths and its all about stresses etc

he said u spend the whole of yr 1 and yr 2 being taught how a wing actually works (rather than the more simplified beleived theory of the Bernouli principle)

try going to the uni open day and spk'ing to the professors. They, especially the space engineers, love spking to u.

and yes u can combine it with commerce

working post grad, to be frank, the opportunities exist abroad.

antarctic

HSC
Cool. Thanks.
Gordo, can I ask how long ago was it when your brother did Aeronautical (Sapce) Eng? Cos I had a look at the Uni Handbook (which lists the subjects involved) and there's a fair bit of electronics in it as well.

Regards

Antarctic

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I was talking to a guy who did regular aero at the uni (in a combined degree), and he said that of those who knows who have graduated with be (aero)(space) they have had a hard time finding jobs because you need to remove a lot of fluids stuff in order to focus a bit more on electronics

CrashOveride

HSC
I have a friend finishing his Aerospace degree at unsw and doing masters for it and he said he is thinking of doing grad med or law. Employment is kinda tight in Aus, he said u need to try Europe or USA.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my bro did it last yr at usyd (EDIT: i mean 2003)
yes there are electronics too
and statics and dynamics
its all science
but the thing that made him change was u spent sooo bloody long learning all about the wing.
and it was hard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)