B Engineering + B Medical Science (1 Viewer)

HSC
I don't do Engineering Studies and i don't do Chemistry or physics but i want to do the Bachelor of Engineering and Medical Science and was wondering if you need chemistry or sumthing like that for this course.

Ohh and i do general maths.........do i still have hope???

K

katie_tully

you need chem for med sc and you need maths for engineering. id depends how well you did at general maths and what your capabilities are.

i find it unusual that you did none of these subjects yet you want to do this degree.

K

katie_tully

I don't do Engineering Studies and i don't do Chemistry or physics but i want to do the Bachelor of Engineering and Medical Science
So tell your parents no. They can't make you do a degree you dont want to do/aren't capable of.

krayzie_

HSC
For the Medical Science side of things - you will need at least basic grasp of chemistry (do a bridging course), but if not its fairly alright to pick up. Maths in Medical science so far has only been statistics which is not really complicated maths and physics which was basically all about maths, but fairly simple maths - more the type like i give you a formula and you shove the numbers in the right places in the correct units.

Also do a degree that you like not that your forced to do. Tell your parents its your choice to do what you like. Are you asian?

krayzie_

HSC
gungheiphatchoi said:
thanks for the info and yeah i'm asian...
Its okay, I thought so. Me too, but I don't care. It was okay for my parents to curve my life during high school, but in university I decided what I wanted to do because I will be stuck with it for the rest of my life not my parents.

Unless your parents just want to make alot of money off you one day, I suggest you do something that you like

HSC
...change your prefs last minute..

erm i don't get it. You do realize you'd be doing the degree for quite a number of years! Especially if it is combined, so either you're going to go through hell with it or you are going to drop out (if you do not enjoy it)...so it's not like your parents will get their way either way.

If they still don't get it...do what you like anyway :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
You will fail and probably drop out if you haven't done physics, maths or chemistry.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
^agreed. Your chances are slim against other students who are genuinely interested in the course, or have 2 high school years of better background knowledge than you. Why waste your time and money.

jannny

HSC
If u really want to do it, give it a go and if too hard -- > transfer.

I just hate people who underestimate other people, I mean wtf?
Back in year 12, I went to the careers advisor and he said " 90+ will be kind of imposible for you". This affected my future careers as I could have applied for UMAT and gave UWS med a go, tihnking that I will never get 90+.

So my advice give it a go, do your best (Do this if u really want to do it and not being persuaded by ur parents).

K

katie_tully

If u really want to do it, give it a go and if too hard -- > transfer.

I just hate people who underestimate other people, I mean wtf?
Back in year 12, I went to the careers advisor and he said " 90+ will be kind of imposible for you". This affected my future careers as I could have applied for UMAT and gave UWS med a go, tihnking that I will never get 90+.

So my advice give it a go, do your best (Do this if u really want to do it and not being persuaded by ur parents).
difference here is
a. a teacher told you. careers advisers are notoriously shit. they never grew up enough to leave school.
b. here he is getting advice from people currently enrolled in the course (or similar) thus having more knowledge about the level of maths/science required
c. serves you right for listening to a dumbass teacher instead of having the brains to just apply for UMAT anyway.

jannny

HSC
katie_tully said:
difference here is
a. a teacher told you. careers advisers are notoriously shit. they never grew up enough to leave school.
b. here he is getting advice from people currently enrolled in the course (or similar) thus having more knowledge about the level of maths/science required
c. serves you right for listening to a dumbass teacher instead of having the brains to just apply for UMAT anyway.
a. My career advisor was a teacher, thus he went to uni. If they're notorious for being shit, why do we stil have them?

b. Yea you mite know the course, but who are you to judge what he is capable of?Simply because he didnt get to do the prerequisites that doesnt mean HE WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT. There's this word called hardwork :)

c. This could be partly my fault as I should've tried for umat but durign that time I felt really dumb , especially with people telling you that "you arent smart", "you wont get 90+" and with my school marks. So I felt why do umat for? I felt I didnt have any chance lol, but anyway can always apply next year :)

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
^ Everyone is just trying to give original poster some advice.. no one is trying to put her down. But she stated herself, "Parents force me ........don't want to do it but can't do anything about it..."
If you don't enjoy what you're studying, naturally, you won't do as well as if you were doing a course you had a talent for. Engineering isn't for everyone, its heavily maths and science based, something original poster hasn't had much experience with, and therefore would find it harder to cope.

Also note, Uni Transfer is also not always a possible solution. Supposing if she does fail even in one subject, her GPA will fall dramatically and this could alter her UAI/GPA mark, therefore making it even harder to transfer out to her desired course the year after.

K

katie_tully

a. My career advisor was a teacher, thus he went to uni. If they're notorious for being shit, why do we stil have them?

b. Yea you mite know the course, but who are you to judge what he is capable of?Simply because he didnt get to do the prerequisites that doesnt mean HE WONT BE ABLE TO DO IT. There's this word called hardwork

c. This could be partly my fault as I should've tried for umat but durign that time I felt really dumb , especially with people telling you that "you arent smart", "you wont get 90+" and with my school marks. So I felt why do umat for? I felt I didnt have any chance lol, but anyway can always apply next year
1. Two friends who pretty much failed the HSC are now studying to be teachers. Getting into teaching doesn't take a genius

2. Dude, they're not even prerequisits, they're freakin assumed knowledge. The OP has none of the assumed knowledge.
Parents force me ........don't want to do it but can't do anything about it...
That right there is an indication that the OP is setting themself up for failure. Not only have they not done any previous studies towards the degree, they DON'T EVEN WANT TO DO IT.
3.Yeah, it was your fault.

Anything else, smartass?

jannny

HSC
katie_tully said:
1. Two friends who pretty much failed the HSC are now studying to be teachers. Getting into teaching doesn't take a genius

2. Dude, they're not even prerequisits, they're freakin assumed knowledge. The OP has none of the assumed knowledge.

That right there is an indication that the OP is setting themself up for failure. Not only have they not done any previous studies towards the degree, they DON'T EVEN WANT TO DO IT.
3.Yeah, it was your fault.

Anything else, smartass?
1. Two of my friends got in the 90's and aspiring to be a teacher. Not all of career advisors are shit, but I just happened to had one.

jannny said:
This is my fucking advice for people who didnt get to do the prerequisites thus not having the assumed knowledge for the course.

Thats it.. btw katie u look ugly in ur dp.. I see that ur aspiring to be a pussycat doll?

anything else pussycat?

haha peace

K

katie_tully

Thats it.. btw katie u look ugly in ur dp.. I see that ur aspiring to be a pussycat doll?

anything else pussycat?

haha peace
It's an obese cat you fucking spacktard.
I don't need to add anything else. You're perfectly capable of demonstrating you can operate on 1/10th of a brain cell without any help from me.

:)

jannny

HSC
katie_tully said:
It's an obese cat you fucking spacktard.
I don't need to add anything else. You're perfectly capable of demonstrating you can operate on 1/10th of a brain cell without any help from me.

1/10th? haha no

ur face mathces with the obese cat tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)