B. Engineering/ B. Medical Science (1 Viewer)

C

Chrisssss

I am interested in completing the B. Engineering/ B. Medical Science course after year 12 this year and was curious about the maximum cut off. as to my knowledge UTS is quite lenient and recognise UAI isn't everything.

I know that for certain subjects they will give you 2 points each (up to a maximum of six- I do for instance Physics, Chemistry and English Adv. so I assume I will receive them) and also if you complete a questionnaire they can give you an extra 4 for that- totalling 10 extra points.

Now, my question is, what is the possibility of acheiving the extra 4 for the questionnaire and thus, if I were to acheive them (thus receiving the 10 extra points), and received a UAI of only 75, as the cut-off is 85 what would be my chances of getting into the course?

Responses are appreciated.

Edit: By the way I only do Mathematics, not extension; though if I got the course I'd just do a bridging course and do it in my own time to, however again, would the fact I don't do Extn. maths effect the chances of getting the course?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
i say your chances are good.
as i know people with uais of about ~75 in my course.
which 85 was the cut off.

though your chances would be even better if you actually got 85+ =)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Chrisssss said:
I am interested in completing the B. Engineering/ B. Medical Science course after year 12 this year and was curious about the maximum cut off. as to my knowledge UTS is quite lenient and recognise UAI isn't everything.

I know that for certain subjects they will give you 2 points each (up to a maximum of six- I do for instance Physics, Chemistry and English Adv. so I assume I will receive them) and also if you complete a questionnaire they can give you an extra 4 for that- totalling 10 extra points.

Now, my question is, what is the possibility of acheiving the extra 4 for the questionnaire and thus, if I were to acheive them (thus receiving the 10 extra points), and received a UAI of only 75, as the cut-off is 85 what would be my chances of getting into the course?

Responses are appreciated.

Edit: By the way I only do Mathematics, not extension; though if I got the course I'd just do a bridging course and do it in my own time to, however again, would the fact I don't do Extn. maths effect the chances of getting the course?
Nope, settle for the 'University of Wagga Wagga'.

idiosynchratic

HSC
Currently the UAI for an engineering course is 85 points.

You can increase your points by doing a number of things:

1. Doing subjects such as:
  • Engineering studies;
  • Industrial Technology;
  • Information Processes and Technology;
  • Information Technology;
  • Physics;
  • Chemistry;
  • Software Design and Development;
  • English Advanced, Extension 1 or Extension 2; and
  • Mathematics Extension 1 or Extension 2
Will earn you 2 additional UAI points each. Up to a limit of 6.

2. Undertaking the engineering questionare will earn you an additional number of points.

Most importantly, please check this website for more information. Hope this helps.
https://support.eng.uts.edu.au/entry/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)