B Engineering/ M Biomedical engineering advice needed! (1 Viewer)

XMegamanJPX

HSC
The course is a B engineering + M biomedical engineering. I need to choose which bachelor degree to go with the masters degree (biomedical engineering). But the problem is, im not sure which to choose!

Bioinformatics/Biomedical Engineering: Reference software systems, data analysis systems in support of drug development, epidemiology, and tissue engineering, medical and healthcare informatics.
Chemical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Development of biomaterials, artificial organs, and drug delivery systems and related biocompatible technologies.
Computer Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Medical imaging and clinical information systems, clinical decision support and expert systems, modelling of physiological systems and software design for specific medical applications.
Electrical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Electromedical systems, medical instrumentation, biomedical technology and analysis of physiological systems.
Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Orthopaedic devices, rehabilitation engineering, prosthetics, biomedical technologies and the development of biomaterials.
Mechatronic Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Application of mechatronics to medicine, powered and ‘intelligent’ prosthetics, and mechanical functions of medical instrumentation.
Software Engineering/Biomedical Engineering: Medical diagnostic systems software, medical and healthcare informatics, database design, and implementation of embedded systems.
Telecommunications/Biomedical Engineering:[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif] Telemedicine application in remote areas, robotic surgery, medical databases and systems analysis, and distributed data systems for medical applications.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif](FROM UNSW)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif]For telecommunications it includes robotic surgery, but i'm confused as to how its related to robotics (thought itd be mechatronics)

So can anyone give me some advice? Thanks[/FONT]

Mys1988

HSC
If biomed is your ticket to starting a career, i guess chemical engineering?

benji_10

HSC
I'm doing the same course as you :)

I went with mechatronic since i'm interested in both electronics and mechanical things, and mechatronics is pretty much a fusion of the two. I would say do what you're most interested in/most good at, but I didn't take future prospects/employability into account before making my decision :p

Good luck making your decision though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)