B&G vs Fenner (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Ok, so at the last minute my accomodation plans have fallen through and I'm going to have to go to college (nothing against it, I'm just not sure if I'm really the college type.)

I definitely want to cook my own food so it's down to B&G and Fenner. I can't seem to figure out the pros and cons of each, so if anyone lives on campus I would love a bit of insight. :) By the way, I'll be doing arts/law.

WHat are your thoughts?

Farcanell

Looks like the same decision I'm making :)

From what i read on the college websites Fenner is 2.5 km away from the campus whereas B&G is right there, so thats my main reservation about staying there.

Fenner does however appear to have slightly better amenities, and they offer a shuttle service to the ANU campus to make up for distance problems (don't know how frequently buses leave though)

In my opinion though they both seem fairly decent, so it probably doesn't matter which you go to.

HSC
i live in a flat right across the road from fenner.
it only takes about about 15 minutes to walk to uni.
you dont want to live in fenner though. It's two horrible brown towers that looks like a prison ward or something. and you arent allowed to use your balconies because of some structural flaw that could kill you.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Our plans fell through too. Yes, halls depressing - I plan to stay as shorta time as possible. So, anybody after a share place theres a definite 2 people and a probable 1 person looking at the end of the semester.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
i live in a flat right across the road from fenner.
it only takes about about 15 minutes to walk to uni.
you dont want to live in fenner though. It's two horrible brown towers that looks like a prison ward or something. and you arent allowed to use your balconies because of some structural flaw that could kill you.
oh wow. we're going to be 'across the road neighbours'. maybe you can fire your abuse at me personally now.

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Well, let me put in a vote for Fenner (stayed there for my first year in 2004, am returning this year). Agreed, it's not much to look at from the outside, but...

Fenner is off-campus. This can be a good thing, it can be a bad thing. I like it because it keeps my "home" and my "work" life slightly separate. It's also on Northbourne Ave....there's a bus stop right outside the front door for you to get up to Dickson (shopping) or down to Civic (more shopping, more buses).

A shuttle bus is indeed available. You can find the S2 2004 timetable here: http://fennetic.anu.edu.au/fennetic/index.php?option=com_static&staticfile=bustimetable.html
(Also see the rest of the Fennetic pages for more info.)

Lots more for me to go into, but I'll leave it at that. PM me if you want more info. =P

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
Since it has been established by the powers of the administration that Fenner will indeed be my home for the next year, it is obvious that Fenner is the superior dorm of the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)