B Health science (1 Viewer)

vivtzav

HSC
Hi :)

is anyone doing the B Health Science degree in 09? also, anyone doing physio later on? :)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Not doing B Health Science, but I'm thinking of transferring or doing a Masters of Physio later...if I'm capable that is...*smile*

catchnkiss.x

HSC
vivtzav said:
Hi :)

is anyone doing the B Health Science degree in 09? also, anyone doing physio later on? :)
Meee :)
Did you hear about the guaranteed entry into physio? I was tossing up between UNSW Bachelor of Health and Exercise Science and USYD Bachelor of Health Science. I liked the fact that UNSW was more medically based, but then again it is an extra year...
Entry into masters is just too competitive to risk so this new guarantee at Sydney has really tempted me.
I wasn't too sure about the Cumberland Campus, going to check it out tomorrow since the Open Day is held only at the main campuses.

Last edited:

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
catchnkiss.x said:
Meee :)
Did you hear about the guaranteed entry into physio? I was tossing up between UNSW Bachelor of Health and Exercise Science and USYD Bachelor of Health Science. I liked the fact that UNSW was more medically based, but then again it is an extra year...
Entry into masters is just too competitive to risk so this new guarantee at Sydney has really tempted me.
I wasn't too sure about the Cumberland Campus, going to check it out tomorrow since the Open Day is held only at the main campuses.

Hey can you come see me on Open Day i'll be at the Health Science booth. I'm the one who organises the events at Cumbo and i'll also be able to speak to you about the Health Science course in greater detail. I would recommend you take up the offer because I'm not sure how long Sydney uni will keep this guarantee thing for the B.Health Science, plus its ultra competitive to get into masters otherwise.

My name is Leith so come introduce yourself :)

catchnkiss.x

HSC
iceman_leith said:
Hey can you come see me on Open Day i'll be at the Health Science booth. I'm the one who organises the events at Cumbo and i'll also be able to speak to you about the Health Science course in greater detail. I would recommend you take up the offer because I'm not sure how long Sydney uni will keep this guarantee thing for the B.Health Science, plus its ultra competitive to get into masters otherwise.

My name is Leith so come introduce yourself :)
Yeah, I'll be there tomorrow :)
I have plenty of questions to ask haha.

vivtzav

HSC
do you need to do a chemistry bridging course for the health science course? or just wait till the end of the 3 years and do a chem bridiging course just before u start physio? ill be doing the movement science major too...

oh ye also my friend wanted to know...shes doing this course like me and going into physio but she didnt do any maths, only 2u in year 11. should she do a bridging course for the health science course and physio?

thanksss :)

see you there ;)

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
the chemistry bridging course is shit. only do it if you're really horrible at chemistry...

you can learn more from a textbook.

iceman_leith

Sydney University Rep
I can be found wondering the streets or the alley
HSC
vivtzav said:
do you need to do a chemistry bridging course for the health science course? or just wait till the end of the 3 years and do a chem bridiging course just before u start physio? ill be doing the movement science major too...

oh ye also my friend wanted to know...shes doing this course like me and going into physio but she didnt do any maths, only 2u in year 11. should she do a bridging course for the health science course and physio?

thanksss :)

see you there ;)

Yeah the chemistry bridging course is rubbish and unnecessary, I wouldn't worry about the maths either because you learn everything from the lectures PLUS the concepts are not hard to master. The only one i can suggest is do a physics bridging course at the end of your 1st year.

vivtzav

HSC
Ok thanks for that. So even though there was no HSC chem or maths done and ill be going into the physio i shouldn't worry about doing bridiging courses for these at all? Not even when i start the physio??..coz i heard chem and maths are used alot in the physio course...

Also, how many days a week roughly does the health science course go for? is it all day aswell?

Last edited:

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
everything covered in the chem bridging course is covered in the lectures.

and it covers stuff you don't need to know.

i'm shit at chem, and couldn't stand the lecturer we had, i just used the course outline/syllabus and learnt it out of the textbook and knew it better than my friends who went to the lectures religiously.

and as far as math goes...i'm shit at math too, and i don't recall needing it.

i think i had uni 3 or 4 days a week. and never all day.

vivtzav

HSC
do you think the UAI cut off will go up for 09 in health science course?

i got 80.4..do you think i will make it with this mark?

Thankkkss

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
what was the uai last year?

i don't recall health sciences being particularly high.

but then again more people are applying these days thanks to the masters options.

i dunno. can't you just wait until the offers come out? playing the prediction game is unnecessarily worrying.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Ahaha.

You're totally not going to get accepted.

Just joking - probably.

Just wait it out, if you don't get in, choose something with a shit UAI and choose subjects that are the same as first year Health Science and transfer.

Transferring into health sci is piss easy.

vivtzav

HSC
ok lol.. wat course is there that has a low UAI with the same subjets as health science? LOL. i dont think there is any...

mandathepanda

HSC
iceman_leith said:
UAI will probably jump to 82-84 and this is going off what i've been told by course coordinators. The people who would know.
Out of curiosity did you hear anything about whether the cutoff for OT will increase or decrease?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)