[B]How to improve your 3-unit mark[/B] (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i am having troubles converting my 3U mark to be reasonably in contact with my 2 unit mark. i know i have whole year in front of me. but i'd like to do it now rather than procrastinate.

i'm like just passing 3U and i am like getting about 90 for 2U. how do i increase my 3U mark considerably? it's relly turning out to be a bitch that i can't do it?

what are some ways you people have used to do it? and i mean it in terms of success. :D

Jase

HSC
lol. Over the year, you will improve. Improvement comes from practice and time. Practice comes from commitment and time comes from time travel. So find youself a time machine and ace 3U. Of course, the most easiest and crude method of time travel is sleep. Hence you must sleep alot, and with commitment, there shall be glorious things wrought upon thee with little dangly bells that ring in the distance.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
What about improving your mark 2 days before the exam?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
lesmiester_dj said:
i am having troubles converting my 3U mark to be reasonably in contact with my 2 unit mark. i know i have whole year in front of me. but i'd like to do it now rather than procrastinate.

i'm like just passing 3U and i am like getting about 90 for 2U. how do i increase my 3U mark considerably? it's relly turning out to be a bitch that i can't do it?

what are some ways you people have used to do it? and i mean it in terms of success. :D
im like u, at the beginning of yr 12 i was getting 90+ in 2 unit and barely passing 3 unit..i dont know if it's too late for u to do this, but i brought my 3 u mark up from around 50 to 80/90 by doing four unit..i dunno everything seems to make so much more sense.lol. i know it sounds dumb but thats my story

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
Heh, do 4u but make sure you do the 2u assessments then drop out fo 4u and do 2u/3u for the hsc. That's what I did, and am doin pretty good in 3u (looking for 95)....cept i forgot to do one of the 2u assessments and got stuck in 4u....and just failed the test...very badly...

=JZ=

yes, if u extend urself to 4unit, then 3unit seems like a piece of cake. Just like extendin to 3unit and lookin at 2. There are many bits and pieces in 3unit. Make sure u got urself covered, make sure u don't miss anything while studying.

I recommend getting the Excel fast track book called "HSC maths Ext 1 pocket formula book" by Jeff Geha. It provides an excellent summary of the 3unit course, not just formulas. It had been a great helper to me. If u have finish reading and understanding that book, which will take about maybe 5 hours, then you have basically got urself covered. (note the book did not cover "Series and Sequence")

Make sure u understand the formula (ie how they come up with it) before memorising it, it would make memorising much easier.
Practice urself with some HSC papers or trials, with solutions.

hope that helps...

=JZ=

And in exams, make sure u feel confident, even if u are not. A positive attitude in the exam can add at least 5% to your performance (as claimed by Jeff Geha). Jeffa Geha also claims that Most silly mistakes occur in the first 15 minutes of an exam, when stress levels are high. By answering your best questions first, you are likey to minimise the likelihood of silly mistakes.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the teacher is too bloody arrogant to let me have a trial run for 4U. just because my average was just passing 3U, he won't let me give it a go.

so no help there. the course has'nt yet started yet. but i think it will be far too much work. besides doing a lot of maths, and doing 4U, is there any other suggestions.

and please people, do not suggest magical therapy. for the last time, it doesn't work!! :D

please, i really intend on doing well in 3U, i need it for its scaling purposes.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
My advice; learn to like maths so that doing it is not so much a chore as an exploration of a field of interest.

Back here on Earth, we have things called exercises and drills which we repeat ad infinitum. Interest is not a prerequisite.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
only if i was born a robot...

but i will incapable of specific stimulations, i think i will stick to being human.

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
=JZ= said:
And in exams, make sure u feel confident, even if u are not. A positive attitude in the exam can add at least 5% to your performance (as claimed by Jeff Geha). Jeffa Geha also claims that Most silly mistakes occur in the first 15 minutes of an exam, when stress levels are high. By answering your best questions first, you are likey to minimise the likelihood of silly mistakes.
What can't this guy do?

mathock

HSC
if you have just started year 12 then you should have already done trig... my advice is to practice trig a lot because it comes into almost every 3 unit topic later on in the hsc... so if u really want to increase your 3 unit mark, become a gun at trig ;-) or like everyone else said, do 4 unit lol

=JZ=

senso said:
What can't this guy do?
I do not know him enough to tell you. He writes HSC maths guides, and does maths tutoring(advertised on this site), seminars. Judging by the year he graduated from uni, i say he's in his early 30s.

fush

HSC
best advice is probably to have worked throughout the year...doin ALL the homework... then u remember how to do differnet types of qustion
bit late now though

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
so how many of the problems in 3U are going to be trig. like i mean a rough estimate from your experience people?

fush

HSC
i dunno...trig is used in a variety of questions.....its used everywhere, but they sometimes have trig identities that u have to prove so know all ur double angles and all that stuff

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
=JZ= said:
I do not know him enough to tell you. He writes HSC maths guides, and does maths tutoring(advertised on this site), seminars. Judging by the year he graduated from uni, i say he's in his early 30s.
Hmm. It was more of a rhetorical question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)