B. Law & B. Information Technology - Y/N?? (1 Viewer)

britaker

HSC
Okay so this may sound like a long bow, but what's the general opinion on combining I.T. and law? I'm thinking of studying at ANU or Uni Adelaide; the subjects I do this year are

- MX1
- Mathematics
- English Advanced
- EE1
- EE2
- Biology
- Chemistry

The ATAR cutoff shouldn't be a problem to me (school in the top 10; I'm not failing anything xD), and I really am interested in studying law; I can't think of anything else I would want to do. Aside from I.T. I've also considered Commerce/Law, and Psychology (Hons)/Law... I don't have *that* much experience in I.T. I should probably add.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone's combined the two and has any advice to give? Certain death/I'll be fine?

Cheers, Brit.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You should ask some IT people re: the IT degree. Some people intuitively get law, others don't. In terms of difficulty, it all depends on the individual. Have a read of Moonlightsonata's stickies and some of the other threads. I've been pretty critical of law as a degree choice. There are quite a few risks. Psychology isn't a great option if you are interested in practising either, because you currently need a Masters to practise, and they're looking at bumping that up to a Phd. Entry is competitive. You're likely to end up with a useless piece of paper at the end if you choose psychology for vocational reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)