• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Laws question, need help desperately! (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Ok so ive accepted my offer for Communications/Law for next year, but now i want to drop the communications part of the course and instead just do straight B Laws.

Is it possible to do this before the 1st semester starts? Do i need to apply for late round offers?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I have been convinced that social inquiry will be a waste of time for me. Something which i think ive always known, but i now realise.

Would you recommend biz/law then?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Ok, ive decided i want to do Biz/Law. I got higher than the cutoff. What can i do?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
do nothing, hope and pray to god that you may get it in the late round (unlikely) or negiotiate with UTS until they are convinced that you are what it takes to do the course. :)

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Pretty much just go for late rounds for business/law is the only option I think.
Although the social inquiry component may not be that beneficial in terms of employment I think you should still remember that law by itself is 4 years, I think it would be best to pad out the law subjects with something else (if only for sanity) and it's only going to be a year extra.
That said, I did communications (journalism) last year and I really didn't like it so I can see where you are coming from. Definitely try and do business/law, but if you don't get in I still think you should do a combined degree.
If you still want to drop part of the combined degree and just do an LLB this is very easy to do however.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Ok, so could i just drop the communications degree before semester 1 this year?

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
My other question is, is there generally places available for biz/law @ uts in the late round. And do i just put it at the top of my preference list if i wish to be considered for it?

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
Yeh you should just be able to drop the communications degree before the HECS census date.
As for bizlaw, I'm really not sure, there is no V next to the listing in the paper, always worth a try though, I'm not sure how it works but I assume all you do is put it at the top of your late round prefs.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Thanks soma. If anyone is sure about the process can they please post it here.

Cheers. Thanks all for your help.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
absolution* said:
I have been convinced that social inquiry will be a waste of time for me. Something which i think ive always known, but i now realise.

Would you recommend biz/law then?
lol thats funny :p :p

do something with law. law on its own is pretty risky

biz law? ull probably make it in the late round (i think)

at enrolment, if u wannad do law on its own, tell them that. just sign up for the law part of it but not for the comms.

Ch00

HSC
N/A
I didn't think you would be able to just 'drop' the Comm part because that would be the degree you an enrolled in and if you wanted to enrol in B Law or B Bus B Law you would need to complete an internal course transfer (which I think is only offered at the end of the year?). But if you are certain that is what you want to do just withdraw from all the Comm subjects and do all law subjects and then get good marks and transfer to B Bus B Law at the end of the year. That way, by the end of second year you should be up to speed with everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)