B Liberal Studies (1 Viewer)

muli

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who is currently taking this course at USyd and would be able to answer some questions I had about it.

1) If you want to study Psychology under this degree, is General Maths sufficient?

2) Is it essential to take a language? If so, how difficult is this if you haven't studied one for yr12?

3) Finally, is this degree worth it?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Andrew Mulholland
Barker College. Yr12 2003

Generator

HSC
N/A
Statistics for Psychology is meant to be a very annoying subject.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by muli
I was wondering if there was anyone out there who is currently taking this course at USyd and would be able to answer some questions I had about it.

1) If you want to study Psychology under this degree, is General Maths sufficient?

2) Is it essential to take a language? If so, how difficult is this if you haven't studied one for yr12?

3) Finally, is this degree worth it?
I don't do Lib Studies and I don't go to USYD, but generally...
check the UAC guide. If it's assumed knowledge, it's a prereq and you should do a bridging course (or work really hard); if it's not assumed then it will probably be taught during your course and don't stress about it.

It's not impossible to pick up a langage as part of an int. studies or lib. studies or arts degree if you haven't studied one before.. they have subjects which start from the beginning. It doesn't matter which units you study as long as you have completed the required amount of credit points by the end of your degree. Ideally you'll be good at learning languages (hey, some people just can't do it! and others pick it up really quickly).

I've heard from someone who does comm/lib studies and she likes it. Of course it depends on YOU, not HER :) Don't think about whether it's 'worth it' financially or whatever - find something that you want to do and you enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)