B Nursing- Wagga (1 Viewer)

nikturner

HSC
Hey, I just got early entry for B Nursing at wagga and wondered who else got in?

I thought i would start this thread so we can get to know eachother before we start next year. where are you planning to live?

im hoping to get into a cottage, im unsure wheather to go main or south though..

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
Lol, I'm exactly the same.. Got into Nursing and aren't sure whether or not to go self catered on South or Main. Some say south is a hole, others think it's alright, oh it's all to much!

nikturner

HSC
i heard south's rooms are bigger but all the weird people go there.. i dunno, i think i might go main cottage self catered. where are you from?

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
I'm from Batlow, it's about 1h 10m from Wagga and it's a hole, what about you?? Yeah I've heard that the rooms are bigger as well, but i'm with you, i wanna be on main in a self catered cottage.

nikturner

HSC
im from parkes 3hr from wagga in the other direction lol. wow is it just us goin.. no one else is talking :( lol. are any of your friends goin to wagga uni aswell?
as far as i kno im the only one so far but thatll probley all change once main round is released

aurora_05

HSC
The rooms on South are roughly twice the size of those on main and have double the storage space. The setup is a bit different from cottages though cause its more dorm-style (something like 30 people per block) as opposed to the 8 people in cottages. It's also a 10 minute drive from the uni but you can catch the bus too.
Theres heaps of awesome people on South (an unbiased opinion - I live on main). People generally think its scabby or whatever is cause it's older than cottages. X-block has some awesome parties though if you're lucky enough to get in there.
Either option is good :)

Royalte

Qualified Bludger
HSC
South used to be a hospital and still smells like one-but after you have been living there you dont notice anymore. I havnt lived there but some peopel really enjoyed being able to get away from the actual uni site.

Also there are alot fewer rooms with self catered so you have a better chance of getting accomodation with catered-but being first years your chances are really good. I am a 2nd year and on the waiting list 20-30 at the moment for either the cottages or Doman.

Congrats on getting in guys-Wagga is great fun!!!

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
Do Not Live On South Campus And Do Not Put It As A Preference (or U Have A High Chance Of Getting It)

nikturner

HSC
crazybrad said:
Do Not Live On South Campus And Do Not Put It As A Preference (or U Have A High Chance Of Getting It)
lol its ok i got into cottages on main, i realised how much i would hate living on south

Lauren_Melrose

~Lauren~
HSC
I got in at South.... not entirely stoked but at least it's somewhere. Went and checked it out last weekend and although it's not the nicest looking place, i reckon i'll live, (i hope) lol.

aurora_05

HSC
Seriously, South isn't that bad. It's as clean as anywhere on main, the rooms are like 2 1/2 times the size of any of those on main, you can walk to and from town which makes things easier when everyone is trying to get a cab or the courtesy bus home, and you don't have to fight with anyone else about having the heater on like on main cause you have your own!
I don't know what Brad is whinging about. Yeah it's not everyones cup of tea but it doesn't make you any less of a person for living there. Hello! It's better than Doman. Now that's saying something.

SpHan

HSC
lol Hey NIkki! I'm so pumped for uni now its going to be mad, n thanks for forwarding that email on to me about o week. cant wait to meet lots of different ppl although i must say its a huge relief knowing that i will know a couple of ppl there not be a total nigel to start off with!when are u going to wagga? i dont know if we get there like the day b4 to move in or what the go is.
jessie and i are driving down on monday so i can show her our accommodation n the city. its a great place wagga!

nikturner

HSC
when oweek monday or monday comming? i move into my accom the monday morning of oweek but i might be going down sunday n staying in a motel the night i think. i kno, wagga is cool.
hey are you and/or jessie comming back for moniques party? if you are can i bum a lift home? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)