B of Arts (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i want 2 do commerce at macquarie, but i only got 88 uai. thats enuff 2 do their art degree and i read u can transfer 2 the commerce degree after like a yr given u get certain marks.

just asking if any1 did transfer from an arts degree, mainly is it hard 2 transfer & is the arts degree hard???

i just dont want 2 get trapped in a degree i dont want 2 do

thanks

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol i got a uai of 88.95 and i wanted to do commerce so i went to macquarie and did an arts-psychology degree planning to transfer... i've got the grades to transfer and everything but the problem is... is that i've fallen in love with psychology lol so theres no way im transferring to a commerce degree now!!

and you can transfer mid semester into commerce if you do 12 credit points (normal workload) and you pass u get..... but for applied finance and acturials and law and all that other crap is higher

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Transferring from an Arts degree at mq is quite easy. Since you have access to a range of things YOU want to do. And on the norm theyre basically easier when you like the subjects. Additionally, since there are no mandatory subjects (cores) you can do the subjects of the Commerce degree that are available :)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
keep in mind that b. commerce - marketing has a higher required gpa criteria to fulfill. its a 2.5 where as the general b. commerce is only a 2.0 which is a clear pass average.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
for human resource management it wont be ready until 2nd semester they hope anyway... and i think it'll be a 2.5 or something so yeah it should be fine

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
what is the difference in workload between a gpa of 2.0 and 2.5?? i dont like it when they make up numbers and expect yr12 students to understand them

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A few Creds a few Passes

= easily achievable through a light workload

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yea i noe its 89 .... i got 88.70!!! lets hope it goes down, but i doubt it

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm not sure but is there an interview process you had to go thru? or will have to go thru?

hopefully if there is, how well you do in the interview will get you into the course....

good luck..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)