B of Business - Economics For Business (1 Viewer)

blOwfish

HSC
Who finds that doing these Economics questions online are a waste of time, and also degrading for some people?

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
these questions are so full of shit. i'm dying though. and would love to be helped, but that'd be cheating.

Ricky09

HSC
Yeah. Can't say i'm a fan of them. I didn't do eco in year 12 but, so i don't find them as easy as most people would.

blOwfish

HSC
I so agree. People who did Economics in year 12 would find this work revision. I didnt do Eco either so found quite a few confusing. o and btw i hate economics. The eco lecturer bores me to death. He assumes we know everything about eco.

blOwfish

HSC
Yup, MyAtlas it is. Evil little thing !

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
It was on a trial basis last semester (when I did it).

I didn't mind it, but it forced me to study economics every week. I pretty much read the lecture notes and textbook readings before doing it (took about half a day) and then it wasn't too hard to do it all. I made it in the application class every week.

Only problem to it is we didn't get the results- so we didn't know what we got right or wrong.

Good thing is that you will be a pro at economics multiple choice, and a HD ain't that hard to get with this bit of hard work.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I hated economics when I did it
I didn't do it in high school so i found it hard
i didn't bother trying in it
ended up getting a credit but i didn't like studying it. I relied on those orange summary sheets lol they saved me :D Because reading that textbook was so frustrating that i didn't read it after a while!

they mark the research assignment hard, so yeah be careful with that
all the eco pros who thought they'd gun it ended up getting much lower than they expected
i was lucky and got an awesome mark in that

thank god we didn't have to do that myatlas thing
they bought that in the semester after :)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Yes. If you did Economics in Year 12, there is no excuse in not getting a distinction/high distinction for Economics for Business.

On the other hand, I know a couple of friends who did not do Economics in Year 12, worked hard and attended E-Pal classes and ended up with distinction marks.

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
Huratio said:
Yes. If you did Economics in Year 12, there is no excuse in not getting a distinction/high distinction for Economics for Business.

On the other hand, I know a couple of friends who did not do Economics in Year 12, worked hard and attended E-Pal classes and ended up with distinction marks.
I did economics in high school and didn't get a D or HD T_T I started off with a HD, then after the research assignment went to a D, then after the final exam went to a C :D I totally screwed it up.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Oh that sucks.

Final exam reduced my marks from a high HD to a low HD =/

Problem with the final exam is there is inadequate practice given to short/long answer questions. Most of the practice is on multiple choice.

goan_crazy

HSC
ragnarok said:
I did economics in high school and didn't get a D or HD T_T I started off with a HD, then after the research assignment went to a D, then after the final exam went to a C :D I totally screwed it up.
Yeah that assignment stuffs alot up

Huratio said:

But just as a warning, guys who did eco, you'll find the first 5 or so weeks really easy because you'll have done it in high school . Then all of a sudden you'll be lost
Some friends who thought they were great at eco took it easy and didn't do as well as they should've like a guy who got 96 in the HSC for it ended up getting a credit in the end!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Well just keep on top of the workload for Economics for Business.

There will be some calculations and other points of detail that were not covered in Yr12 Economics. These include: Elasticity ratios and indepth detail on market structures and aggregate demand/supply. Other than that it should be all good- Fiscal and Monetary Policy and the Global Economy (up to Exchange rates in our semester) has all been done a million times in Yr12 Economics.

Assignment- Doesn't stuff people up really. Mine was due on the same day as my MPO individual essay- my economics assignment had shocking structure but I still managed a 18.5/20. It is not an english exam, so you shouldn't be marked down too much on this structure. Keep to the guide of the assessment, back your points up with diagrams and it shouldn't be too hard to get a good mark.

sweet-g

HSC
Im doing this weeks MyAtlas questions and Im stuck on question 2. I think its B or C, but im not sure. Any advice on which one is correct?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
BTW Chris said something like if you get over 60% in MyAtlas (50% near the end of the semester when it gets harder) you should be in application class.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Application Class: Top bracket of students who learn from media articles in their tutorial. Media articles require you to "apply your knowledge" in the context at which the article is about.

Theory Class: Lower bracket of students who learn directly from the textbook answering questions relating to the material set out.

goan_crazy

HSC
Hmm before that myatlas stuff we did articles and normal questions in one

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Both normal questions and article questions would have been good... but tutors would probably need 1.5hrs rather than 1hr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)