B of Information Technology course (1 Viewer)

illmatic1990

HSC
Does anybody know much about this course? And the majors? I was considering doing Networking but now I'm thinking of maybe switching it to eBusiness? I'm not so sure. I really liked IPT in High School but I didn't like SDD too much at all.

benno22

HSC
N/A
if u dont like programming do e-business,

i do network design atm and from 1st to 3rd year there is quite a bit of programming (java, c, c++, php, pearl, c#, scripting)

currently in 4th year and done more e-business type subjects, its all essay and report writing

LOOMESY

HSC
go to the informatics page on the uow website
and find the B of IT link and then go to the 'course guide'.. i think it's called.. it's at the bottom of the course overview, then either it comes up with it, or you have to find the B of IT guide, cant remember

it's sort of like a syllabus to what you learn in the course.. well it has the topics in it anyway

and covers the different majors

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
actually the new Info tech degree has changed a lot compared to previous. Ebusiness still contains all programing as any other major and also contains data basing which can also include programming like language. Networking design has no extra programming subjects and i believe that Social Policy major is more theoretical.

You will find it very difficult from B Com and Media to B IT, especially the programming and the tone of reading that we have to do. Also high school IPT is basically useless for this degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)