B Planning anyone? (1 Viewer)

daviesem

HSC
hey guys just looking for a few fellow future town planners as it loooks like i may be the only one out there

CMJ

HSC
Hey daviesem,

I'm a 3rd year student doing the B Planning, so if you have any questions etc feel free to ask me :)

nofriends

body*****er.
HSC
yeah I'm enrolled to start this degree this year so I can maybe be a town planner. Um....I'm coming from wollongong but to Bondi, so I'm frigged!!:confused:

desai

HSC
if im doing civil engineering (starting this year) can i become a town planner? we'd probably just work together ey

daviesem

HSC
wow it seems like there arnt many of us... i hope we have some day to get to meet each other. i want to become a town planner but i dont want to do any of that boring stuff just mainly the design side of things and the environmental implications of the built environment. every one excited about o week?

CMJ

HSC
There are not many essays that have to be done, we generally do more report writing and some oral presentations and quite often groupwork is involved but not all the time.

I have found so far, that the things we learn are fairly easy to understand and with few exams, assessment is more pratically based such as from field trips or on case studies which we learn.

Michiru

HSC
i'm doing it next year after dropping B. Environmental Mangament/B Law program at macq. (future students: don't go to macq unless you can't help it!)

I wanted to start second semester but apparently you can't do that. T^T So now i'll have to wait until next year. *sigh* I can't wait that long! lol i'm too excited

btw, did anyone go to city talk 06 last month?

patty4848

HSC
Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, I'm just hoping someone still looks at it who might be able to help me.

I'm interested in the Bachelor of Planning at UNSW and am just wondering a few things about it...
1. What careers are available to planning graduates?
2. What does a planner do?
3. What are the job prospects (opportunities, salary etc) for planning graduates?

I've had a look around on the UNSW website and on the net, except I can't find the answers

Any help would be great.

miyoko

HSC
You can do a Bachelor of Planning/Law after you have fully completed the 5 years of the B Planning degree. If you wish to graduate with the law component you have to complete 6+ months of further study for the law component.

jessica.ann

HSC
miyoko said:
You can do a Bachelor of Planning/Law after you have fully completed the 5 years of the B Planning degree. If you wish to graduate with the law component you have to complete 6+ months of further study for the law component.
What uni is this at??? At Unsw where I applied the planning/law degree is 7 years as apposed to the 5 of B Planning. I guess my question is is it worth it? I guess I could do graduate law after I finish planning if I still want to.

miyoko

HSC
I did say '6+months'. Basically, you're coming out with a combined planning and law degree in 7 years at UNSW.

Mr-X

HSC
If you do do combined law/planning, would it benefit you as a planner? E.g. if you you get a position where you have to get projects through the development process, would you be able to do the legal side as well as the planning side?

miyoko

HSC
What do you mean by legal side of planning though? If you're implying the legal side in terms of development assessments frameworks and controls, guidelines, land use, etc, all planners will have to consider and/or come across legal aspects in this career field. Although a combined law degree may set you up in comign up with legislative frameworks such as the LEP.

PTLEIGE1

HSC
hello my name is tim im, studying a B of planning at mq and im looking for someone with a good geogrgapic/political knowledge.

im looking for someone who can do my assemsnts because i have 2 jobs and dont have time to do them. i will pay $50 for each essay.

let me know

thaks tim

Hey daviesem,

I'm a 3rd year student doing the B Planning, so if you have any questions etc feel free to ask me :)

Last edited:

PTLEIGE1

HSC
hello my name is tim im, studying a B of planning at mq and im looking for someone with a good geogrgapic/political knowledge.

im looking for someone who can do my assemsnts because i have 2 jobs and dont have time to do them. i will pay $50 for each essay.

let me know

thaks tim

What do you mean by legal side of planning though? If you're implying the legal side in terms of development assessments frameworks and controls, guidelines, land use, etc, all planners will have to consider and/or come across legal aspects in this career field. Although a combined law degree may set you up in comign up with legislative frameworks such as the LEP.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)