B. Policing (Alternative Entry) (1 Viewer)

Cabrera1990

HSC
Hello.

I am currently undergoing my HSC year this year and i wanting to do the Policing course at Bankstown campus, at U.W.S.

I know u need a UAI of roughly 65-70.......and i was wondering if anyone knows of some other alternative entry requiremnts i can undergo to do the course even if i dont get the mark i need? I would really appreciate some answers!

Cheers

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Cabrera1990 said:
Hello.

I am currently undergoing my HSC year this year and i wanting to do the Policing course at Bankstown campus, at U.W.S.

I know u need a UAI of roughly 65-70.......and i was wondering if anyone knows of some other alternative entry requiremnts i can undergo to do the course even if i dont get the mark i need? I would really appreciate some answers!

Cheers
Q. What are the general academic entry requirements for the Associate Degree in Policing Practice?
There are many possible academic entry requirements, which you can find out about in the application pack available from the NSW Police Force or from Charles Sturt University.

Some of the suitable education requirements include a UAI of 66, a Trade Certificate, a Level 3 Certificate (over 21 years) or a Level 4 Certificate from TAFE, or relevant management experience.

Some candidates think that because police training is a university program it is not for them, but some of the best students have come from non-university backgrounds. Call CSU Admissions direct on (02) 6933 2121 or 1800 443 306 to find out whether you meet the requirements or require further study.

You should also ring them up:
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/recruitment/related_information/application_process

You should really consider going to the Police careers day at Golburn: http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/recruitment/police_career_day_2008

Last edited:

Llamaland

HSC
Can you still do it through the police academy? I have no idea but good luck with it. Prob a good idea to go down to Goulburn and see what they say at careers thing.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Llamaland said:
Can you still do it through the police academy? I have no idea but good luck with it. Prob a good idea to go down to Goulburn and see what they say at careers thing.
Everyone does B policing and goes to the acadamy, it's just getting in that can be the difficult part, coz you need a min uai, tafe cert or diploma, etc.

bigredfirengine

HSC
Hey i have been accepted into Bachelor of Justice Studies (policing) which is the same course only its located at Charlse Sturt Uni in Bathurst. the uai cut off was 70 and i only got 57 which i was really lucky to get an offer. If you're worried there are other ways into uni such as a certificate IV at tafe for a qualified subject which is equivelent to the uai, the new start program which is like a 12 month program based at uni like a mini yr 12 to get you into the course you want, or the associate degree at gouburn. This however is harder to get into as they mainly take older applicants and it only gets you entry to the force, if you would like to further you qualification such as to a detective etc i recommend going to uni.
Hope this helps at all.

kittytisser

HSC
i'm doing policing at bankstown and i only got 60..i suppose it just depends on the demand and the subjects you do..good luck

boris2003

HSC
Cabrera1990 said:
Hello.

Cheers
Year 12 just started, just give your best try at the current subjects. You should get in, no problem. However if you don't get in, try TAFE. My friend did B Management at Cert 4 level, and after 6 months he transferred to uni to do B Policing.
Good luck.

Benooz

HSC
Cabrera1990 said:
Hello.

Cheers
Sick as man i want to do the B policing as well i think the 07 cut of was 60.05 my plan is if i don't get in is do a cert IV in personal training and then transfer over but i really want to get in but personal training would be fun to

good luck i guess i am competing againest you haha

Cabrera1990

HSC
hahaha yea mate! ahhh well its my dream and i hope to god i can get in! good lcuk everybody :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)