B psych @ UWS or B psychological science @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I'm in year 12 at the moment and expect to get an ATAR somewhere in the high 80s, although I am aiming for high 90s... Anyways, I want to know if choosing B psychological science at UNSW over B psych at UWS is worth it?

Both would take me around an hour to get to via train and bus but I think I would prefer UNSW.
Also, I have thought about going to Macquarie but getting there would be too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Read the course outlines on each uni's website to see what you learn exactly.

If you prefer UNSW, then go there - but if you find that UNSW's Psych Science course isn't what you're looking for because you have to do something as part of the degree that UWS offers - then maybe you should go to UWS.

Point is: do your course research.

You get pretty much no information from the degree name. For instance, up until a few years ago - based on what I heard, Honours in Pure Mathematics at Sydney required students to learn a language so they could read maths in another language. Do you get that from reading the course title? No.

rach18

HSC
Uni Grad
Read the course outlines on each uni's website to see what you learn exactly.

If you prefer UNSW, then go there - but if you find that UNSW's Psych Science course isn't what you're looking for because you have to do something as part of the degree that UWS offers - then maybe you should go to UWS.

Point is: do your course research.

You get pretty much no information from the degree name. For instance, up until a few years ago - based on what I heard, Honours in Pure Mathematics at Sydney required students to learn a language so they could read maths in another language. Do you get that from reading the course title? No.
Okay thanks!

dizzlemizzle

HSC
UNSW's degrees in psychology are pretty reputable, so I'd say its worth it. But keep in mind B psychological science does not have honours included so you'd have to maintain distinctions throughout the degree to be accepted into Honours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)