b.sci(adv)/arts (1 Viewer)

D

doiyoubi

Anyone doing this course? What is the uai cut off for this, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
From what I can ascertain from the UAC book, that course does not exist. What you can do is a standard Science/Arts cource (392759) and simply do an honours year for science (and/or arts) at the end of the double degree. You'll end up with the same qualification, but the only limitation is that some majors that are offered to advanced science students are not offered to standard science students, from what I can see in the science manual.

Best to contact the faculty of science for more info.

Raginsheep

HSC
UAI would probably be whatever Adv Sci is...

Don't think anyone is doing it though since afaik, BSci(Adv) is currently offered as a single degree atm although this may be changing soon.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I'm not doing it but am wanting to transfer to it (on a side note: anyone care to hit me up with who I need to see to do this?)

UAI cutoff this year and last for Adv Sci was 88, I don't imagine Adv Sci / Arts being higher.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
You'd have to do a UAC transfer; UNSW doesn't do much internal transfer stuff

Conveniently, the midyear sessions are open now for UAC

kirstin hunter

HSC
In my experience it's not too hard to pick up an extra degree once you have started - I know heaps of people who started in science or medicine (myself included) and ended up adding an arts degree - I added mine after I'd already done two years of study. But call the Science faculty and ask them to make sure.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Just apply for BSc(adv), when you go to enrol it'll give you options to combine it with arts. This means the uai cutoff is the same.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Yes, there is an Advanced Science/Arts program. If you wish to transfer, please note that the Science Faculty only does the following internal transfers:
- Adv Sci --> Sci
- Medical Sci --> Sci
- Sci/Arts --> Sci
- Adv Sci/Arts --> Sci
- and maybe some I can't think of (rule of thumb is if you're going *down in UAI programs)

Everything else goes through UAC. If you want to contact the Science Faculty, that's the same answer as what you'll get, chances are I'll be the one picking up the phone!:p

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
So going through UAC, is there a special application or do you just apply normally as if you're applying for uni?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
its like how you go in when you were a current school leaver. just that you get into the course you want based on your WAM.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
I'm doing it! :) But yeah, you just apply for sci adv. and they ask you if you want to combine it when you enroll online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)