B science(Arcitecture) -> Achiecture? (1 Viewer)

xxPanDa

HSC
i've realised tat it'd be very unlikely tat i will get a high enough UAI for Architecure
and i've discovered that
in the first year of B science(Arcitecture) at UNSW, is the same as B architecture
and if u transfer succesfully afta a yr of study u can continue on on the 2nd year

IS there anyone who did this? or planing to do this?
was the first yr of aRchi very hard? do a lot of ppl transfer to archi every yr?
i've tried emailing the staff at UNSw, but they dont seem to be answering my Q

one of them tolo me to go to TAFE
and i thought if i were to do a 3 yr DIPLOMA, id rather repeat yr 12 for one yr

did anyone graduate from B science(Arcitecture) what job did u get, how much are u geting paid?

what should i do if i dont have a UAI ?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Well TAFE Diplomas are never three years when full time, they are one or two years. The TAFE Diploma in Architectural Technology is 2 years full time and presumably you would recieve some credit toward your degree as well - which shortens your time at uni.

You also could look at architecture degrees from other universities - perhaps the BA in Architecture at UTS? You might be able to transfer from that into BArch at UNSW.

And if for some reason you don't have a UAI at all, then do a Diploma of some kind, re-attempt the HSC (or TPC) etc.

Last edited:

xxPanDa

HSC
Meistro said:
The first year of (science)arch is the same as Barch. Barch is very hard. AND COMPETETIVE!

Tafe is very practical based and honestly those who do tafe then transfer into arch seem to have a massive advantage on the rest of us straight out of HSC and inexperienced noobs.

Keep it in mind. You dont lose any years. Its a good options
hmmm i might choose tafe

when u mean COMPETIVE what do u mean?
is it hard to get into? or are there alot of ppl doing it?
or alot ppl doing (science)arch tat wana transfer to archi?

btw are there alot of ppl who transfer to archi every year? or is it a rare thing
(i ask this one to the staff, didnt answer me on it..)

HSC
I was also told that you can transfer from B Science Archi to B Archi after the first year. But Im accually wondering what are the marks needed to allow me to transfer to B Archi ? Would it be difficult to get the marks to transfer to B Archi after the first year ??
Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)