B Science in Games Development (1 Viewer)

rrueda

HSC
Hey,

I was just wondering if there is anyone who has completed/is currently doing/is familiar with this course could provide some insight on it, in terms of employment (in general as well, I suppose). I've been quite interested in Game Design/Development for a while, but it seems as though the industry is pretty weak in Australia at the moment and so, I feel like it's not the safest degree I could be doing. Am I right in thinking this?

Thanks for any input!

Gigacube

HSC
I don't study this degree but it's true that the industry is pretty weak in Australia. I would advise against studying a whole degree in games development as you'll find it quite difficult to get a job. An alternative is to study the B Science in IT and minor in games development so that you still learn about games development. You could also go on exchange and study games development overseas.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Given the new legislation surrounding game ratings the industry might boom soon, in saying that though do study it as a sub major or something.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Given the new legislation surrounding game ratings the industry might boom soon, in saying that though do study it as a sub major or something.
Yeah, OP is referring to a specific games development degree. So i agree, probably better off doing a
Bsc IT and sub majoring in games development as Gigacube suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)