B Science to B Diag. Radiography (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
:bomb:

A few weeks prior to release of Main Round offers I was assured that I might have a chance of transferring from B Science to B Diag. Radiography...

I've just recieved a Main Round offer for B Science at UTS and I've just read one of the stickies by Frigid on transfers, and it seems like a Credit Average won't get me into B Diag. Radiography at USYD since my NRSL index would be:

75.60 (my UAI) + 74 (Selection rank) / 2 = 74.8 :confused:

Looks like I need a selection rank of 96 :confused:

And since 2007 UAI cut-offs for B Diag Radiography is 89.00... my dreams are shattered. What the hell am I going to do with a B Science if I can't even use it as a foundation to transfer? Might as well try for B Occupational Therapy during Late Rounds *rips hair out*...

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance guys...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If you got a credit average, you'd have a selection rank of ~89, so your nrsl entry score would be a lot higher, prolly around 82 or something like that, but still not enough (even if the nrsl score was 5 points under UAI). You could always just try and transfer again next year and pick subjects that you might be able to use as credit when you do get a transfer, or alternatively finish the BSc course and then do a postgrad course in whatever you wanna do.

FeelBare

HSC
I forgot to say: Is my UAI going to haunt my transfer hopes forever? :confused:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
work your butt off this year and im sure youll get the transfer you want
i did the same thing last year and ive gotten into the course i wanna do, so if i can do it, so can you
aim for at least a d average, that way you might have a chance next year

FeelBare

HSC
*incredulous* Doing a postgraduate course would mean:

3 years of B Science + 2 years of B Diagnostic Radiography = 5 years!

And credit points? So choosing subjects which correlate with B Diagnostic Radiography (somehow) would give me "points" on top of my NRSL index?

[By the way, what does finishing B Health Sciences and doing a "masters" in something mean? How long is a "masters"?] :confused:

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
depends what masters your doing, health science comes combined with fast track masters now.
on the issue of diag. the questionaire u gota do plays an important role aswell, i got NRSL of 88.xx and even missed out of radiation, so it mustof been my quizz that stuffed me over.
so if u do things like blood donations, chairty work, work in a related diagnostics centre even as a receptionist, it might help u out.

sakura_05

HSC
I just got an offer for diagnostic radiography and I’m transferring from Bachelor of Health Sciences. I got a credit average, 5.25 to be exact which correlates to a UAI of 91… so my NRSL was 87.1??
Work really hard for a D average as it would increase your chances. Good Luck!! :)
And remember to fill out the questionnaire, my friend forgot and she didn’t get an offer :(

FeelBare

HSC
Wah! Sakura that's great =) congratulations =) Hope I can do the same next year =)!

I heard that USyd has this way of combining the UAI and GPA for a Non-Recent School Leaver index thing... but you make it sound like they only look for GPA xD.. sorry for being rude to ask what your UAI was.. but in which range UAI did you get? (sorry again for abrupt rudeness) x.x ..

sakura_05

HSC
Hi FeelBare, that’s okay :) my UAI was 85.15, now that I reworked it out my NRSL would be 88.1?? Anyways are you doing B Science this year?

FeelBare

HSC
It looks like I have to do B Science this year if I don't get into B Health Science in late round *mutters darkly* and whoa~ 85.15 no wonder you could lever your NRSL with your GPA, wonder how the hell I'm going to get a transfer into Diagnostic Radiography with a UAI of mid 70s... *sigh*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)