[B]Which breed are you? (1 Viewer)

where do you come from?

• Total voters

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i am just wondering. how many of you are selective government, non-selective government, private or catholic, or one that is not listed. this could determine the number of smart people that come to Bored Of Studies :p

Tuna

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
U cannot generalise someones intelligence by determining what school they go to. People at selective schools are most prolly pretty smart, but those who go to private schools are not always smart. Basically anyone can go to a private school if they have the money
You have just generalised!!!!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
amoz_lilo said:
well how are you supposed to go to kings if you dont have a cent?
do they offer scholarships?
yeh I agree with natstar, some of the ppl who get 100 uais are from non selectives, plus there is discrimination in the fact that there are no selective schools outside of syd wollongong etc. so smart rural kids can't go even if they have the academic ability anyway.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
cherryblossom said:
do they offer scholarships?
yeh I agree with natstar, some of the ppl who get 100 uais are from non selectives, plus there is discrimination in the fact that there are no selective schools outside of syd wollongong etc. so smart rural kids can't go even if they have the academic ability anyway.

we can go, we just have to move a long way away from our family.... and most of us dont really wanna do that
so we dont go :)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
generalising?!

hey people!!!!!
you are all reading too much into my statement. iw as only questioing how much smarter we are compared to class '04.....apparently no contest. we win hands down :p

well instead of just thinking we are better, lets prove it eh...?

and like i said. just curious....tehehe

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
if u wanna prove ur smarter than them... u better get rid of me then

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
the scale increases

_muse_ said:
if u wanna prove ur smarter than them... u better get rid of me then
i said we muse. every year, year 12's are smarter than the previous year. the fact is that teacher become more experienced in rigging examinations. and students become better at whinging to get the better marks. the tradition goes on......

therefore with both lines heading in the same direction, we will be smarter!!! ;) :uhhuh: :D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
In reference to the poll:
What if you go to a Catholic Private school? (since quite a few private schools are Catholic)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
catholic and private

~ ReNcH ~ said:
What if you go to a Catholic Private school? (since quite a few private schools are Catholic)
catholic schools are different to private schools...damn...shuda put religious schools

well anyway, in a catholic school, they force you to do either religious studies or studies of religion..

but again i meant private as in needing cash to be admitted in. whereas a catholic school, is privately owned anyway. it's a well-known fact...yeh... :cool:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
catholic and private

~ ReNcH ~ said:
catholic schools are different to private schools...damn...shuda put religious schools

well anyway, in a catholic school, they force you to do either religious studies or studies of religion..

but again i meant private as in needing cash to be admitted in. whereas a catholic school, is privately owned anyway. it's a well-known fact...yeh... :cool:

keep the poll ticking year 11's ;P

obzedyon

HSC
With Religious Schools, it's not like you have to be religious anyway. Although I did hear that you have to be baptised or whatever it is. Sorry, I'm not very religiously-literate.

And yes, it does seem that each year becomes smarter and smarter. Which leads to year 7s thinking that they're so amazingly brilliant and that they can mouth off to whomever they wish.

Sorry, I recognise this rant is somewhat in vain :uhhuh:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm atheist, I go to a Catholic private school. Although they consider me to be a Catholic (baptised, confirmed, et cetera). Blah.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
natstar said:
No i never. I said u cannot generalise some bodies intelligence, thus smart people come from all types of schools
im sick of uninteligent people talking about something they dont know the meaning of in the first place (intelligence) hence proving they are'nt intelligent!!!

Nat define intelligence!!??

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Private, Public, Catholic, Selective-boring lets talk about unis!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Tuna said:
Private, Public, Catholic, Selective-boring lets talk about unis!
why? most of us still got a year to decide..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)