BA in communication (public communication) (1 Viewer)

nessyfreak

HSC
hi i was just wondering if there is anyone who is doing this course at UTS and can tell what it's like. Im really interested in it and i think it will be my first preference. I want to know what sort of stuff you do; if its what you expected and if its true to what the net and the UTS pamphlet says.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
heyyyyyy I'm doing pub. comm. as well in '06
see YOU there! [=

I too am wondering what the subjects are like, what electives to avoid etc.

Clutch.

HSC
See ya there!

I'm completley lost about the whole thing. I tried to navigate my way through the handbook but the whole streams/elective/core/disciplinary thing makes my head hurt.

I kinda hope we dont have a choice first semester cause I think I will screw up whatever decision I have to make.

scram_toots

HSC
Ooohhh! I am looking to do this course as well, pretty sure it'll be my first preference. It looks sick wannn!

Would you guys prefer to major in Advertising or Public Relations?? Or both (apparently thats possible!)??

Carlz135

HSC
Hey all,

I'm a 2nd year Pub Comm-er... sdo halfway through degree.. and going well. I'm doing both PR and Advertising... so yes it is possible!

First year is tough, because it can be demotivating because 6 of 8 subjects are common to all the communications subjects.. so things you do a very broad, you had no choice in it.. and you wonder what it is teaching you. But that is 1st year uni in most places.. it gets you used to it and settled in. 2nd year, I'm right in to PR and Advertising subjects, making ads and everything, so it's fun and most importantly useful!

If you think you are interested in this kind of area.. UTS is the place to do it. You may hear lots about UTS being this that and the other, not a great uni for social life etc..but uni is what you make it, no matter where you go. Point is the communications degrees at UTS are well-known and highly regarded... so if the mark is achievable and it's what you want to do... cya round sometime!!

(Any other more specific questions, feel free to shoot...I'll try keep checking the thread)

Carlz

steL

HSC
hey guys!

i was wondering where you got your info on the course and what kind of uai is needed to get in.

please let me know =)
thanks =p

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
A good place to visit would be the UTS Humanities Course Handbook. You can also ask people on this forum, or at Open Days who do this course(or related ones) at UTS if you want more info.:)

As far as UAI, a good idea would be for you to visit www.uac.edu.au and look up your course.

steL

HSC
k...awsum..thanks for your help =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)