BA(International Relations) (1 Viewer)

hangerm5

HSC
I am really interested in this degree but am nervous about the language major. I only speak English. I know you can do beginner levels in languages at ANU but I am a little bit nervous because I havent ever learnt another language. Is anyone else having the same concerns. What do you think. I reckon another language could be useful but i am also not sure where this degree could take me at the other end and I think thats why I am hesitant.

If anyone had any thoughts that might help me decide I would be really appreciative.

Thanks

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'll say it again:

If you're unsure about a BA(IR) then just do a BA - you can take ALL the same courses however you are not locked into it if it turns out you don't like it and/or are shithouse at it.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
loquasagacious said:
If you're unsure about a BA(IR) then just do a BA - you can take ALL the same courses however you are not locked into it if it turns out you don't like it and/or are shithouse at it.
Seconded- if u just major in IR in an ordinary arts degree than you DO NOT have to include a language if you are nervous about studying it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)