BA international studies (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha yeah that's even more interesting (Since BoS doesn't actually have employees). How do we work for BOS? Or better yet, what do YOU do there? :D

shelli@UTS

I get paid $13/h for being under 21 and $15 when I'm 21.

What do I do? I'm a HSC exam supervisor and I get extra when I'm presiding officer for exams (like Japanese) or students with special needs.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Gimme gimme! I want job of doing nothing around stressed HSCers!

And here I was, thinking all the exam supervisors were ancient teachers on the verge of retirement, well past their spitwad-dodging days...

shelli@UTS

Nup, I thought I was the youngest, but there were 18 year olds working with me -- I also have another employee number with the Department of Education for supervising School Certificate exams -- it's not the life, you're on your feet, unless you're presiding officer you can't sit down for a moment. I also had to deal with several cheaters and a girl who was throwing up, there's that whole going to the toilet with them thing... enter at own risk!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's ok, in about six years chances are I'll be dealing with much worse than vomit. How do sign up?

shelli@UTS

umm just ask a highschool close to you, get the contact number for the coordinator for exam supervisors and sign a pileload of forms - police checks for working with kids bla bla bla, nothing much else to say...

andiman

ROFL

i was doing international studies in german language and culture with my BScIT degree..

...but i dropped it after the first semester cos i had 2x 3hr face to face language labs each week (monday/wednesday) from 6-9pm which killed me. plus i started learning at level 5 cos i'm nearly fluent, and it was nasty...

its a good course, but it is quite demanding in time and effort required. even the beginners were struggling. its a much faster and self-taught learning process than at school.

for example in german language and culture 5 we covered material in a semester that would have been taught over 2years at school.

good luck to all of you though! i found my calling in another direction. hehe.

you should have fun. just remember though: you can't cram when it comes to languages.

shelli@UTS

Well it could be worse -- I left uni 2 years ago to become a church preacher -- and there was Hebrew, Greek and Latin (with a side dish of Aramaic) involved ALL AT THE SAME TIME... reading, writing and speaking it... aie!

I learnt German for 4 years in primary school, how weird is my school!

shelli@UTS

nope, not qualified, just a layman -- nobody takes an 18 year old chick serious in the church - so i'll wait til i'm older for TOTAL SPIRITUAL DOMINATION - show em' a little girl powaah!!!:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)