BA Policing or BA Social Science? (1 Viewer)

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Hey there,

I just got my UAI and my future goal is to land a job with our intelligence services; www.asio.gov.au or www.asis.gov.au .
They each require a non-specified tertiary degree to be considered for employment and ive narrowed my choices down to two associated courses; BA of Policing and BA of Social Science (See links below)

I was hoping if folks familiar with this could say which course they believe is closest to Intelligence and which would make me more eligible for employment at ASIO and/or ASIO.

Kind regards,
Felix

BA of Policing
Course Description

BA of Social Science
Course Description

Last edited:

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
What they look for is interest and knowledge of world politics and world events, and an understanding of other cultures. If you can speak a second language or more, that would come in very handy as well.

Either one of those courses you mentioned are fine but a BA in languages/political science/anthropology/linguistics/history are also relevant.

Last edited:

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
Usually being in the army also helps, alot of 'agents' are usually ex-military.

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Thanks for the quick reponse,

Yes Im aware how they give preference to folks with multi-lingual ability and military experience. But want I needed to know is which course they would also consider more relevant, Policing or Social Science?

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)