BA to BA (media and communications) (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
how likely do you think it is for someone doing a BA to be able to transfer into media and coms?
I'm also considering BA(writing and cultural studies) at UTS but i'm afraid that it won't give me the kind of flexibility i can get from a BA, but then a BA is a bit tooo flexible..
i know no one can decide for me but i was just wondering if such transfers happened very often?
I'm so in love with usyd, and though UTS is just as convenient and plenty goes on there too, i want a lifestyle not just a course

thanks for your help!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
aprox 0 per cent

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
It'd be possible, yeah. Since the cutoff is so high you'd still need a fairly good UAI, and you'd need to go well in first year, but there's nothing that would completely prevent it happening.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Triangulum said:
It'd be possible, yeah. Since the cutoff is so high you'd still need a fairly good UAI, and you'd need to go well in first year, but there's nothing that would completely prevent it happening.
how high is "fairly high?" i'm guessing 95+

hayjayb

HSC
hey, yeah i'm considering the exact dilemma you're faced with - the love of sydney uni in general and the writing and cultural studies course at UTS -
and the idea of wanted career direction that's not too specific or too broad, guess we're kinda hard to please! if the UTS course is what you'll enjoy most then do it. when u think about it, sydney uni is just up the road and you can probabkly hang out at the manning bar with your sydney friends anyway :)

so since it says ur hsc was last year, what did u decide?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)