• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Babe as a Movie? (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Hey, i just took a gander at the SUPP TEXTS, how would babe be an 'Imaginative' Journey??? Isnt it just about a pig who walks arround....unless u mean the writer of the movie....but that could be said for ANY movie....Anyway, little help...Thanx!

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
yeah well you could use it, but i would recommend using a renowned film, not some kid thing..

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Its not about using a "kid" text, i know people who use picture books. There is a fine line between something that is "sophisticated" and something that is not. Babe is rather a sophisticated text in regards to a child audience. Similar to fairytales, theyre aimed at a young audience, but have little messages inside of them, and because of these messages (or morals of the story), it allows them to be sophisticated on a different level. I can think of many ways of how Babe is an imaginative journey
+The use of anthropomorphism is used to portray a pigs journey to self realisation, awarenes and specutlation about the world he lives in
+The characterisation of the pig breaks stereotype as pigs are portrayed as "dumb" and "stupid", whether as in the movie, the pig, also the protagonsit, is illustrated the hero. This sends out a message (theres a technique for a story having a "moral" to the story, i forgot what its called) to the audience and allows the audience to be inspired as well as question their own motives.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Woah. You're good.

Yeah, ditto to kimmeh, except I would've just said that it's a talking pig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)