Babysitting (1 Viewer)

babyjess

HSC
N/A
i get paid barely anything, but the women i sit for is a single mother. the kids are okay. LOVE the tv, so that helps. They are almost 5 & 2, and so are in bed early, giving me lots of time to watch tv/ study/ txt friends, etc

Love the idea with the preschool/kindy list. might try to organise one myself. thankx :)

Rosie

Ok all you fellow babysitters out there. I've just started babysitting and i realise that getting him to go to sleep is gonna be a challenge. Care to share any tricks of the trade?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
.........yeah get em alcohol poisoning and they can sleep at the hospital and you've got the house to yourself whilst someone else is looking after the kids!

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by babyjess
i get paid barely anything.
well I get paid nothing now! my sister offered my services out to all her friends for free! and Im like wtf, but if I say anything, it will cause I fight, and I want harmony till I leave. *breathes deeply* soon yay!

Sarah J

HSC
lol. The kids I sit for are soooooo good!

The baby goes to sleep at 7/7:30, depending on when her parents tell me I should put her to sleep. Also, before she's ready for bed she gets kind of whiney and that's when I know to give her her bottle. I just lay her in her cot and give her the bottle, turn out the light and she's gone. lol. Simple. At some time in the night I just go in and take away her bottle.

The two boys I sit for go to bed at 8. (quite a cary thought for me cos my lil sis, who's the same age, goes to bed whenever the hell she feels like it!) All I have to do with them is read them a bit of Harry Potter, say nighty-night and leave the door open a crack. Within minutes they're gone too. Simple. I just can't believe how easy I have it. :D

Rosie

lol, well thanks for your suggestions :p I babysat last night for the first real time and it was easier than i thought. His bed time is 9.00 so i started getting him to bed at 8.30...read two books to him and left the light on coz thats what he wanted. However he was talking and not sleeping lol...so i turned the light off and sat with him while he was going to sleep! I had him asleep at 9.05 :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)