Babysitting? (1 Viewer)

rubylotus11

I was wondering if anyone knows the standard rate to charge for babysitting an 8 year old girl? Is it about $10, $15 or $20 an hour? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
i babsit two kids ( 8 and 10) so similiar ages and i get $20 a go, regardless of whether i sit for 1 hour ( sometimes i do) or a whole day ( ie 6 or 7 hours)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I usually got 40bucks - but I got really pissed off when I had a test the next day and told the parents that, and they didn't come home till 3:30am and only paid me 30bucks!!! I'd been there for 10 hours!!!

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
I was. At the time I was too tired to care, but after that I kept suddenly not "being available" for the busy time (beginning of the year)...they got the message and now they pay me heaps better and are always home before midnight.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Usually i just babysit my siblings so I don't really get paid (but my parents give me money basically whenever i need it so i don't mind) but if i can't do it usually i'll get one of my friends to do it and my parents will pay between $40-50 for the night, usually for 4-6 hours. which isn't fantabulous pay but considering my brother is self reliant and all my sister needs is to be put to bed when she gets tired, it's not bad. i gave them a lecture about not ripping off my friends though, i think $20 for 5-8 hours of babysitting is really off.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Whenever I babysit, I always get there about an hour or 2 before they need to go to bed, then spend the rest of the night sitting on their couch watching TV. So considering the lack of work I have to do, I say $5 an hour, but usually people give me a bit more. I know I get paid less than the average person, but I enjoy doing it anyway, and I don't want to rip people off. It also means people ring me first cos they know I'll do it cheaper, so I get more money in the long run.

Btw, I think anyone who asks for more than $10 an hour for babysitting is kidding themselves.

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
yeah i reckon!! if u get more than $10 an hour for sitting on ur bum watching telly u are very lucky....however if its a hell lot of kids maybe...

when mum and dad were getting babysitters for us, they had this rule for the babysitters where they get time and a half after midnight...

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
these days a lot of parents install hidden cameras and watch you that you do with baby when no one is home.
it was overseas one chick figered herself in front of 2 years old baby, and baby's parents recorded her, thet took her to tv program (similar to today tonight) and she was published in newspapers

Lou_86

pro procrastinator
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
these days a lot of parents install hidden cameras and watch you that you do with baby when no one is home.
that's really creepy!! i guess that's prolly ppl who are paranoid about their kids -- you'd think that u'd get a babysitter u could actually trust w/o having to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)