BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

ifsonotso_100 said:
im not in the whole cadetship/coop lol have a look at my join date should tell u i ain't an 08er :p. My HSC date should have confirmed that too though people troll that but the join date is a good indicator usually.

Few friends are in the CO-OP at UNSW, they have finance and acct and quite a few others as well regarding your second question. Marketing is a new one i think. Not much to seperate between BACCT and UNSW COOP- if you are into other faculties etc then UNSW COOP is prob better.
oh shit i never looked at your profile haha :D

so you got in to the UTS one right or...? how you finding it?

**Cherri~BomB**

HSC

I didn't get it! and i thought the interviewers liked me XD
can we apply for round 2??

Congrats to those who did get it =]

maka

HSC

A word of advice is that you shouldnt be discouraged if you dont receive an offer.

I personally didnt apply because Accounting isnt my thing but friends of mine did and didnt receive a place.

The best advice after looking at all cadet/co-op options is to just get into a Business/Commerce degree and seek work at those institutions such as Ernst and Young and PWC. Although, you may not be under a formal cadet structure, you can still gain all the benefits of a cadetship and yes even comparable money.

anintax3

HSC

HEY GUYS !

first time i actuali came across this thread heheh , congrats to all those people who made it in !! i just checked the email today, and i was offered a place =)

wow, looking forward to meeting u guys at UTS in the future if u all decide to go ahead with this BAcc . good luck with the 95 UAI requirement =)

ShadowSwifter

HSC

maka said:
A word of advice is that you shouldnt be discouraged if you dont receive an offer.

I personally didnt apply because Accounting isnt my thing but friends of mine did and didnt receive a place.

The best advice after looking at all cadet/co-op options is to just get into a Business/Commerce degree and seek work at those institutions such as Ernst and Young and PWC. Although, you may not be under a formal cadet structure, you can still gain all the benefits of a cadetship and yes even comparable money.
how u mean by "seek" PwC etc, you mean like apply for a job?

btw congrats anintax

anintax3

HSC

thxx =)

wat yu into shadowswiftr ? did u apply for BAcc aswell ?

maka

HSC

Shadow Swifter....

It is probably difficult for a first semester job at these places. However, many after Semester 1 got credit averages and just sent emails and resumes to the HR departments of the big accounting/auditing firms asking for employment or unpaid training.

Each of them received a job by the end of 1st year. Now they are working for Big 4 firms whilst I have 4 semesters of Business Law to go.

These cadetship/Co op things are difficult to obtain. As the numbers are limited, many good candidates miss out and come uni time, they excel and I dont think the firms are too proud to say them made a mistake and give someone worthy a job.

ShadowSwifter

HSC

anintax3 said:
thxx =)

wat yu into shadowswiftr ? did u apply for BAcc aswell ?
50% reserved list haha. still hoping i guess, won't know until december but.

you definitely taking it? what's the most random question they asked you during the interview?

@maka:
and so they look at your grades in first semester and they might interview you and let you in? sounds too good to be true!

anintax3

HSC

yea i guess i amm . but hey if i accepted it now, and decided i wna get into something later , and didnt put BAcc as my first preference, is that okey ? =/
wow that question was long haha .

mmm random question ?
i think it was " what makes you mad ? "
lol i didnt expect that question , and the guy asked me how would i define success in his TNT company, and how can i improve it from an accountant point of view ,

i heard someone got asked, how would you decribe how to brush your teeth to an alien =/

what was the most random question to u ?

redom

HSC

To those that asked if you can reapply for round 2 if you got rejected for round 1- unfortunately i dont think you can.

As for the Pro's of BAcc as opposed to a cadetship; i guess there both great opportunities, but the life of a BAcc is fun, easier and you get a great prestigous degree out of it too!...the cadets never look as happy as the baccs in uni-lol well my opinion anyway.

Congratssss again to those that got it- speaking from first hand experience-awesome opportunity, awesome course!

Allan vB

HSC

I sent away my acceptance email yesterday - all confirmed now. I just need the 95 UAI now...

Congrats Anita... might see you next year! lol

leoyh

mic`
HSC

did you have other stuff too Allan, like accounting cadetship or business cadetship offers as well?

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

maka said:
Shadow Swifter....

It is probably difficult for a first semester job at these places. However, many after Semester 1 got credit averages and just sent emails and resumes to the HR departments of the big accounting/auditing firms asking for employment or unpaid training.

Each of them received a job by the end of 1st year. Now they are working for Big 4 firms whilst I have 4 semesters of Business Law to go.

These cadetship/Co op things are difficult to obtain. As the numbers are limited, many good candidates miss out and come uni time, they excel and I dont think the firms are too proud to say them made a mistake and give someone worthy a job.
That's really encouraging!
:)
So, if you just missed out it's not the end of your career?

maka

HSC

Dont place to much emphasis on cadetships and co op arrangements.

They are good programs to get into the industry but they are not the only way.

All accounting firms recruit uni students throughout their degree to part time/summer jobs and have a large graduate recruitment program.

The best advice I can offer is that if you want a career in Accouting and dont get into one of these programs is to do a Business/Commerce/Accounting degree and work hard. If you do this you get good marks and when jobs are available, you will be good candidates.

HSC

zdzislaw said:
That's really encouraging!
:)
So, if you just missed out it's not the end of your career?
its obviously the end of your career.....

Allan vB

HSC

I didn't apply for any cadetships but I probably should have. Although now that I have BAcc (with UAI 95) I should be fine. I'm still going to apply to UNSW Co-op though, I think. Can you say yes to BAcc and then take another offer later. If I got both I'd take BAcc, but I like to keep my options open.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

maka said:
Dont place to much emphasis on cadetships and co op arrangements.

They are good programs to get into the industry but they are not the only way.

All accounting firms recruit uni students throughout their degree to part time/summer jobs and have a large graduate recruitment program.

The best advice I can offer is that if you want a career in Accouting and dont get into one of these programs is to do a Business/Commerce/Accounting degree and work hard. If you do this you get good marks and when jobs are available, you will be good candidates.
THANKS !

:D
*goes off to study*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)