BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

Thank you very much 201055
=D hope to see you as a BAcc student

3li

HSC
N/A

zdzislaw said:
My interests are in law, yet I feel that BAcc will provide a solid framework on which to build a steady career. Is this wrong?

Also, Mathematics is 'assumed' but are you totally screwed if you haven't done it? I did prelim but dropped it in yr 12 not because i was bad at it but because i had too many units btw
mate maths is not prereque for bacc, let alone any business major so dw.
ull be fine - and do a law submajor to complement ur accounting studies

BaCC 07~~
HSC

zdzislaw said:
Thank you very much 201055
=D hope to see you as a BAcc student
You're welcome xD Don't know if you attended any careers fairs or the ICAA evening last week, but if you want a more detailed overview of BaCC and the opportunity to ask any questions face-to-face, UTS is holding a BaCC information evening:

Monday 2 June, at 6.00 for 6.15 pm
Guthrie Theatre, Lecture Hall 6.328, Building 6, Harris St, Broadway

Most of us BaCCs and some sponsors will be around, so come along if you're interested!

Allan vB

HSC

What did everyone think of the night? I thought that it was really good... the best part was networking at speaking to current BAccs as well as people who are looking to apply... it seems as thought the emphasis is really on the 'soft' skills such as communication, leadership, enthusiasm and commitment. From the people who I had spoken to, I get the feeling that the group is really close - I like that. I'm pretty confident now... thanks to some nice encouragement from the Baccs... While I actually want to get into finance, I've been told that I shouldn't stress this to much as they're really looking for people who are predominantly into accounting.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Stickied. I should have done this ages ago.

Allan vB

HSC

YAY! Finished my application form! I'm going to have the school fax it away next tuesday, with the deadline being wednesday. Now, there's not much else to do but wait...

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Yay...six more days before round 1 closes....

Allan, which school were u from? Dunno if i ran into you that night? I was running reception at the start.

venom69r

HSC

So guys, clearning one thing up about the application process:

In terms of applying, all we need to do is fill part A out, and then for part B, fill in all the fields, but instead of submitting it to UTS, we simply print it out and let the school do the last section right??

My careers advisor was under the impression that we needed to submit our application form online, but from all I've read on their site + on here, we only need to send a soft copy or pdf. version if they ask for it when we get selected for an interview.

I was just hoping if anyone could clear that up for me. Thanks

Thank god BAcc application form is so much more simplistic than the accounting cadetships.

Cheers, Haider

BaCC 07~~
HSC

venom69r said:
So guys, clearning one thing up about the application process:

In terms of applying, all we need to do is fill part A out, and then for part B, fill in all the fields, but instead of submitting it to UTS, we simply print it out and let the school do the last section right??

My careers advisor was under the impression that we needed to submit our application form online, but from all I've read on their site + on here, we only need to send a soft copy or pdf. version if they ask for it when we get selected for an interview.

I was just hoping if anyone could clear that up for me. Thanks

Thank god BAcc application form is so much more simplistic than the accounting cadetships.

Cheers, Haider
Hi Haider,

This year the BaCC application process is trying to do most of it all online (that's why your career advisor may not know all the changes yet), but it's been plagued with some software problems. But yes, you have the right idea.

- Fill out Part A online (That's just all the general details about you).
- Fill out Part B, print a hard copy, get it approved/ signed by the school and fax it into the BaCC office. Keep the soft copy in case you need it for the July interview.

*Sorry for the delay in replying, uni final exams are coming :(

Allan vB

HSC

201055 said:
Hi Haider,

This year the BaCC application process is trying to do most of it all online (that's why your career advisor may not know all the changes yet), but it's been plagued with some software problems. But yes, you have the right idea.

- Fill out Part A online (That's just all the general details about you).
- Fill out Part B, print a hard copy, get it approved/ signed by the school and fax it into the BaCC office. Keep the soft copy in case you need it for the July interview.

*Sorry for the delay in replying, uni final exams are coming :(
How do you keep the soft copy if you cannot save it?

By the way, i'm from Narooma and I don't believe that we crossed paths... I was wearing lots of cream, lol... Everyone else seemed to be dressed very appropriately.

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Allan vB said:
How do you keep the soft copy if you cannot save it?

By the way, i'm from Narooma and I don't believe that we crossed paths... I was wearing lots of cream, lol... Everyone else seemed to be dressed very appropriately.
Haha, that's ok, just remember to dress appropriately for the July interviews :p

And yes, that's the software problem I was talking about. Just print a hard copy for yourself, or copy and paste into a word document.

Allan vB

HSC

201055 said:
Haha, that's ok, just remember to dress appropriately for the July interviews :p

And yes, that's the software problem I was talking about. Just print a hard copy for yourself, or copy and paste into a word document.
Oh good, I saved all of the information in a word doco.

Do you think that a suit is desirable for he interviews? I was thinking of wearing suit pants, a business shirt and a nice tie... basically the suit minus the jacket... i'm sure it should be fine... this is provided that I get the interview of course... i got a current BAcc to look over my form and she said that she was very impressed and that it was exactly what they'd be looking for... I was stoked! I handed it to the deputy to fill in the bottom section and he put me as 1st and in the 95-99 range, which also pleased me greatly! Only time will tell now...

BaCC 07~~
HSC

Allan vB said:
Oh good, I saved all of the information in a word doco.

Do you think that a suit is desirable for he interviews? I was thinking of wearing suit pants, a business shirt and a nice tie... basically the suit minus the jacket... i'm sure it should be fine... this is provided that I get the interview of course... i got a current BAcc to look over my form and she said that she was very impressed and that it was exactly what they'd be looking for... I was stoked! I handed it to the deputy to fill in the bottom section and he put me as 1st and in the 95-99 range, which also pleased me greatly! Only time will tell now...
Sounds like you'll get an interview. Regarding what to wear- treat it as if you're going for a cadetship or any business interview. Full suit, including jacket (always safer to dress up than down ;) In fact, there's a high chance you'll actually get interviewed by at least one of our sponsors, and it sets a better impression when you show up all dress up.

redom

HSC

Yeah go with the full suit...as they say, dress to impress!!
goodlucking getting interviewers 08ers! =]

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

I KNOW!!! :) yay
lol congrats to anyone who received an interview
Which interview are you planning on going too? Personally, I would LIKE to go to the one's during the school holidays so I'm going to ring up fast tomorrow hehehe
good luck once again everyone

Allan vB

HSC

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!

So excited for everyone!!!

I rang up from school today, took me about 25 times even though I tried as soon as it opened at 10am... I'm booked for the Wednesday, in the afternoon...

Congrats to everyone!

YAY!!!

Also, slightly scared...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)