BAcc 2008 Applicants to 2009 entry (1 Viewer)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Re: BAcc 2008...

steph:an:ie said:
zdzislaw i like ur tagline 'i made purple alphabet soup and tipped it on the lawn. because i'm so post-modern'. just noticed, lol ext english? it's a pain
haha thanks :)
Yeah, ext english. Gotta love ext english for how complex a course it is lol

Allan vB

HSC

Who is going to apply to the UNSW Co-op? I probably will, because you don't have to accept if you get an offer. What are people's opinions on the better program?

I plan on just being myself in the interview. Also, I'm going to practice a few 'key achievement' questions... stuff like that, so I'm less likely to choke on those... That way less will be going on the "How do you find a needly in a haystack" questions, ugh...

Allan vB

HSC

zdzislaw said:
haha thanks :)
Yeah, ext english. Gotta love ext english for how complex a course it is lol
It's really good, but extension history wins anyday...

Haha, just realised that you must also have a terrible exam timetable, doing modern, economics and extension english. I did have extension maths, which would have meant 4 exams over 3 days... It's marginally better now, sigh...

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

Allan vB said:
It's really good, but extension history wins anyday...

Haha, just realised that you must also have a terrible exam timetable, doing modern, economics and extension english. I did have extension maths, which would have meant 4 exams over 3 days... It's marginally better now, sigh...
Ugh..don't get me started on my exam time table lol
I have Modern and Economic on the same day....:hammer:
should be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

Allan vB said:
Who is going to apply to the UNSW Co-op? I probably will, because you don't have to accept if you get an offer. What are people's opinions on the better program?

I plan on just being myself in the interview. Also, I'm going to practice a few 'key achievement' questions... stuff like that, so I'm less likely to choke on those... That way less will be going on the "How do you find a needly in a haystack" questions, ugh...
I am for sure.
UNSW has more monetary value, and I suppose is more 'prestigous' but they're both excellent programs.
Apply for everything and go from there

3li

HSC
N/A

the unsw coop is 15k a year
bacc one isnt updated not sure why not.
we review bacc with our committee and its now 14k-15k for ur year. each year usually follows with an increase.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC

3li said:
the unsw coop is 15k a year
bacc one isnt updated not sure why not.
we review bacc with our committee and its now 14k-15k for ur year. each year usually follows with an increase.
My bad...I'm just stating what I know from general knowledge etc.
So what do you do 3li?

redom

HSC

steph:an:ie said:
my interview's on tuesday at 1:35. just a question for current BAcc students, any words of wisdom?
Umm, just be yourself!...my interviews a blur! BAcc interviewer's are very friendly...well from my experience anyway!:)
Congrats on getting an interview everyone!
Goodluck with it!:)

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

cool... just a question: im hosting a function for school tonite so it wud be really hard for me to attend. how important is it for us to come? thnx

Allan vB

HSC

I'm not going... I shouldn't think that driving 4/5 hours would be appropriate...

The co-op at UNSW is four years, isn't it? It has three, four-month work placements, I think. I have been reading over the booklet and it looks pretty good! I'd be interested in the accounting or, more likely, the finance programs. Appplications online from July. Feedback?

3li

HSC
N/A

its okay

theres no cost for u if u dont come, dont lose out

but its a good time to meet baccs

for me its free beers, and to farewell my 3rd year frends

but the cost is that i leave work an hour early - 30 bucks

unsw coop is good too

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC

ohh cool! thnx 3li!

lol... how good is the UNSW one? how does it compare to the BAcc?

I know there are pros and cons of everything:

e.g. unsw coop is 4 years instead of 3, but pays $15k per yr.

Someone mentioned here that UTS was also going to pay that much this year, but when a UTS Rep came to our school they told us its $13500 for year 1, $14000 fo year 2, and $14500 for year 3...???

Plus, unsw offers coops in other majors like finance and actuarial, not just accounting.... so it would be a very tough choice to make IF some1 was lucky enough to get both!

3li

HSC
N/A

haiderr said:
ohh cool! thnx 3li!

lol... how good is the UNSW one? how does it compare to the BAcc?

I know there are pros and cons of everything:

e.g. unsw coop is 4 years instead of 3, but pays $15k per yr.

Someone mentioned here that UTS was also going to pay that much this year, but when a UTS Rep came to our school they told us its $13500 for year 1, $14000 fo year 2, and $14500 for year 3...???

Plus, unsw offers coops in other majors like finance and actuarial, not just accounting.... so it would be a very tough choice to make IF some1 was lucky enough to get both!
therse pros and cons of each i suggest u look thru past threads, cos this gets asked every year. apply for both and see how u go i gess. btw i do bacc and i do major in accounting and finance.

uts pays 500 more the next year, so atm im not sure if its 14k or around that, but its usually 500-1k less than unsw in the past.

steph:an:ie

HSC

what did everyone think of revue night?

i thought it was excellent, seems like a very close-knit group who loves a laugh.

unsw or uts? i'm just going to try for both - there's pros and cons for each - as long as i can make it into one.

3li

HSC
N/A

yea
if u want a great social uni life bacc is the one
most of u who went to revue yest mite have got a bit of the picture

HSC

what should we expect for the interview?

ive had a couple of cadetship interviews and it didn't seemed too hard. So long as you know what accounting is all about. But i really don't know what to expet for this one...i mean, theres so many sponsors who are part of so many different industries!
will we be asked about ourselves (interest, school, leadership, teamwork etc etc)? or about what accountants in those sponsors do?
I wouldn't be surprised if they chuck in a ripper of a question...mainly because of how high the demand for this course is! Anyway...week and a bit till my interview...any advice on what to do? (particularly those who got the positions in previous years)

BaCC 07~~
HSC

knightsfan2707 said:
what should we expect for the interview?

ive had a couple of cadetship interviews and it didn't seemed too hard. So long as you know what accounting is all about. But i really don't know what to expet for this one...i mean, theres so many sponsors who are part of so many different industries!
will we be asked about ourselves (interest, school, leadership, teamwork etc etc)? or about what accountants in those sponsors do?
I wouldn't be surprised if they chuck in a ripper of a question...mainly because of how high the demand for this course is! Anyway...week and a bit till my interview...any advice on what to do? (particularly those who got the positions in previous years)
Asking about what you do, who you are, what you're interested- that's all the basic interview questions you'll run into. Yes, there'll be a combination of both 'interest, school, leadership, teamwork' questions, as well as general knowledge on the accounting role within the business field.

You won't be expected to know something absurdly specific like, for example, the profit turnover of Macquarie Bank. But you may get generic (and its often these questions that catch people out) like, what do you think accounting is? How does accounting further your business career? Why have you chosen the business path? What is it about accounting today that interests you?

Anyways, good luck to all who's coming in to the interviews, I'm helping out in the 9th Jul, 8am-12pm interviews, so maybe will see some of you there in your suits!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)