BAcc-URGENT! (1 Viewer)

asxking

HSC
JUST GOT the BAcc email back....im on reserve :C
was wondering what my chances if i had only got 50-75% chance
and how many people got offered... and how many are in my category?
could you also please check if the categories are like 100% offer then 50-75%?? then 25-50%?? then unsuccesful??
what if my teacher wrote like 93-97 atar and i can only get like 92 atar??
will i miss out on my spot or should i just stick with the cadetship at a small firm??

atm1991

HSC
You probably still have a fair chance from the Reserve List. As for what percentage chance you have, there are too many factors for me to easily determine such a figure. Some people who get offered a position will take cadetships, UNSW co-op or do degrees in completely different fields. It really just depends on how many people accept their conditional offers. I got in with a 92 ATAR, but I did get offered a position first up. I guess just push hard now to get the best ATAR you can, and talk to the accounting firm you're considering a cadetship with about your options. Best wishes :)

Last edited:

nashty22

HSC
In your best interest i would recommend take the cadetship
and i am saying this because from experience because I was in basically THE EXACT same position last year and i ended up denying my cadetship at this mid-tier firm and i did not get selected for the BAcc (i got a reserve position as well) and therefore i ended up loosing both ends. So now I am doing a commerce degree at UNSW. It's a great degree but I think taking that cadetship would really have made a difference
but then again its your call, but i dont want people to make the same stupid mistake i did so yeah really think hard about it, dont give up any good opportunities cause u wont get this chance again

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)