Bach Eco and Social Sciences (1 Viewer)

meh

hey guys

just out of interest - does anyone have a clue as to what the UAI for this course will be? Last year's cut off was 91.something, but since Syd uni is cutting student by 10%, the UAI should inevitably go up?!

Anyone have avague idea of what it might rise to?

Thanks, all apreciated

Anna:apig:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the answer would depend on how many, if any, places are being cut in this degree and how many people are applying for it! but since places are being cut, you can be sure the cut off would rise. just how much is anyones guess!!

meh

mmm but it think it's a little far fetched that it would rise to say 98 level - my question is mainly about by how much would it rise; probably according to the rise in most other courses. One would not expect the demand for this course to skyrocket so suddently this year

meh

well that would be the best option - if they dont go ahead with cuts, that means it will only go up round .5 or something like last year

*chews lip nervoursly*

this is my dream course so badly wanna get in!

meh

absolutely the same majors, thats exactly what i want to do - political economy (i loved the guy that did the lecture, if you went to the open day) and govt. I am not sure about eco history but it's one of the options!

wow you're amking a big move, are you going to be living there as well

haha and i guess i'll meet you in one of the tutes lol!

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
same as me, major in Political economy, govt, cept minor in Economics. an hopefully with Law.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Luckily, the subjects that you guys want to do, e.g political economy can be done through arts, if you just miss the cut-off, so you can transfer later without really having forestalled your dreams too much. It shouldn't rise too much, without it getting utterly ridiculous, but still, of course, aim as high as you can to be safe. Good luck guys! :D

Nick, you won't be able to do 2 majors a minor and law :p

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
no? ah well.. is it just a major and a minor then?

sif not 99

yeah its a pretty mad degree....u can do much the same under B Com (liberal studies) with three majors =) and it sounds better, that being if you want to be employable at the end of it...if not do a BA, if you want to be semi employable to a B Ec Soc Sci, if u want that job then B Com (Liberal Studies) =)

meh

nah not really glorified arts at all i dont think, but then again - since through doing arts one can major in almost anything (albeit medicine and law) then i suppose you could see it as being that...

however glorified indeed! arts being 82 and this one 91

and sif not 99, I dont really understand your msg, I'm sorry could u please explain it again for me

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
how many of them do u have to do tho?

im thinkign the same way about Comm (lib studies) cos id like to put it as second pref after law but i dunno abt having to do basically 6 subjects like high school again.

timmii

sporadic attendee
I think you still do only 4 subjects a semester...and I also think you may be able to get out of the science requirements by doing psych :)

sif not 99

only need to do 2 science subjects, do a BS one like psych or history and philosophy of science or something like that or human geography or somethin,

or you could go hardcore math =) =)

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
A glorified arts degree? The way I had always looked at it was that it was an economics degree with a bit of an edge over a normal economics degree.

And about the talk of the UAI cut-off moving up. I'd say that it will prob move up a fair bit. Last year the UAI was 91.25 or something like that. That was its first year as a course. Since then I have heard a lot of interest in it. Also, I don't think any of the reputable uni's offer a similar course. I know to do the same thing at UNSW would require either one or two more years. So I would be pretty confident in it moving up at least one UAI point. Which scares the hell of out me since I though the 91.25 would be hard to get.

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
Ah. At the commerce/economics faculty lecture at the open day they made it seem like it was some brand new course that they created from nothing last year.

What sort of changes were made?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)