Bach of Commerce UNITS HELP! (1 Viewer)

pillow12345

HSC
Hey guys, got into Macq for commerce but NEED DESPERATE HELP with units im lostttt and dont wanna be the idiot at academic advising.

So I want to major in accounting or may double major with economics or might minor in it but not too sure yet. How many units do I need?
ACST101 req
BBA102 req
ECON111 req
MKTG101 req
ACCG100 or ACCG106

Do I do all 4 and ACCG100 or can I swap out like ACST for ACCG considering I want to major in accounting?

Also how will I go about with semester 2 units considering my majors? sorry for the stupid questions lol confuseddddd assss!

xxheersaletixx

TERI MAA :)
HSC
man :S this whole thing confuses me lol

i know i should make my own thread.... but u know with those people and planet units.. do we HAVE to do them first year? or can we do them like 3rd year or whatever

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Once again, all that you need to know is from that link above - from there you can click on 'people' or 'planet' in the general requirements, and then if you read that giant paragraph, it does not mention anything about having to complete it in first year - just haveing to complete it to get awarded with the degree.

So no, you do NOT have to do a people/plant unit in 1st year.

Lou283

HSC
Hey guys, got into Macq for commerce but NEED DESPERATE HELP with units im lostttt and dont wanna be the idiot at academic advising.

So I want to major in accounting or may double major with economics or might minor in it but not too sure yet. How many units do I need?
ACST101 req
BBA102 req
ECON111 req
MKTG101 req
ACCG100 or ACCG106

Do I do all 4 and ACCG100 or can I swap out like ACST for ACCG considering I want to major in accounting?

Also how will I go about with semester 2 units considering my majors? sorry for the stupid questions lol confuseddddd assss!
OK, this is how I did it:

1. write down all the units that a 'Required' for Commerce - making sure you note the ones where you have a choice of 2 or 3 and only need to do one, like this:

ACST101

BBA102

ECON111

MKTG101
ACCG100 OR ACCG106

2. write down all the 'Required' units for your majors. Remember to mark those again where you only have to do one of three etc AND also write down if you need to do another unit before you do it.

3. Now, Look at the 300 level units. See what the pre reqs are and highlight them if you only have them in your list or add them, now do the same with the 200 level units.

4. OK, now you do 4 per semester and 8 per year. Choose all the 'Required' 100 level units, where you have a choice pick the one that is a pre req of a 200 or 300 level unit. If you still have a choice it seems to be that for instance 100 is easier than 106 but someone might need to correct me. I just chose either the more interesting or the lowest number.

5. Now you will have covered not only the 'Required' units but also all the units that are pre-req's of future units. If you have not got 8 units, then you can look at electives and your people and planet unit.

I only had 7 so I chose to do a people unit and will be doing a unit of human evolution. Either you can pick a people or planet unit or any other unit you want. Keep in mind though that you have to do a people and a planet unit at some point and if you do a double degree you may only have enough 'electives' to do the people and planet unit so its probably best to get them out of the way.

I was ssooo confused but now that I have worked it out, I understand the logic.

Need anymore help, let me know!

chooper821

HSC
i thought we didnt have to pick a major until 2nd year?? is this correct? if so, how do we go about disregarding putting in our major units into the timetable?

Lou283

HSC
i thought we didnt have to pick a major until 2nd year?? is this correct? if so, how do we go about disregarding putting in our major units into the timetable?
Unfortunately at MQ it would be difficult not to choose a major until 2nd year.

Best thing to do it just do all the 100 level units 'Required' units for the majors you might want to do and then only continue in 2nd year with the units of the major you decide to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)