Bachelor of Accounting (COOP!!) UTS Inforation Evening (1 Viewer)

Manroop

HSC
Hi Manroop,
Just wondering if you would know whether the estimated ATAR result provided by the school on part (b) of the application has a significant effect on my chances of getting an interview?
The estimated ATAR bit is just for the selection panel to get an understanding of you from an academic perspective and see whether you will be able to get a high enough ATAR to be considered for the course. The expected ATAR to be considered is between 85+, but desirable to at least have 95+

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
I have heard rumors of people getting in with 85-90 if they satisfy the rest of the criteria.
Oh I do hope so. Since I've first found out about the course, I've been so determined to get into the course. It's not great for my anxiety levels at the moment but I will persevere.

You've nothing to lose by applying! 'Desirable' is probably a good hint, I wouldn't rule out your chances.

Otherwise if you're genuinely interested in the field be sure to consider cadetships. Their only 'cut-off' is that you get into a business/commerce degree so your ATAR can be mid 80's and you won't have a problem.

Even if you leave your cadetship after one year you'll still have a massive legup on most people for future prospects.
I will definitely take that advice on. I wasn't sure whether or not to apply for a cadetship since I did not want to be tied to a specific company for the duration of a business/commerce university degree. Thanks again :)

The estimated ATAR bit is just for the selection panel to get an understanding of you from an academic perspective and see whether you will be able to get a high enough ATAR to be considered for the course. The expected ATAR to be considered is between 85+, but desirable to at least have 95+
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. All that's left is to for me to do is triple check part (b) of the application and submit it in.

Good luck to all applicants this year!

zaczaczac

HSC
Anyone know generally how long they take to get back to you?

Applications closed on Friday 7th, so are we talking a few weeks?

I assume they received a LOT of applications...but they're less than a page in writing.......

Manroop

HSC
Anyone know generally how long they take to get back to you?

Applications closed on Friday 7th, so are we talking a few weeks?

I assume they received a LOT of applications...but they're less than a page in writing.......
You should expect to hear back by the end of june . Although the application is just a page, a HUGE number of students apply so it may take a bit of time to get a response

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Just checked my email and was offered an interview! Hope everyone else also made it!

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Good luck! With those bonus points, you should definitely be able to get into b business at UTS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)