Bachelor of Accounting (1 Viewer)

Ricenmoo

Teh Pwnerer
HSC
I am also considering applying for a BAcc and want to know whether you can choose which firm/industry you can apply for or does UTS or whatever choose for you???

Thanks in advance

LeeLoo

HSC
During the interviews for cadetships & scholarships, are we expected to know a lot about accounting, eco and business already? it's not like we are taught this stuff in school.

So we have to do our research?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
^

Not really no.. they do however expect you to know things like 'why accounting', 'what do you want out of ____', etc.

This may be obvious, but you should know what you're getting yourself into and why.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Gday all, i'm also a 1st year BaCC (woot 2007 baccs!) so the interview process is still quite fresh in my head still, will be happy to answer questions and help out in the questionare/ interview process =)

Feel free to email me if you have specific or personal questions at glorycrusaders_light@hotmail.com

P.S yeah i'm the guy who offered at NSG.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
201055 said:
Gday all, i'm also a 1st year BaCC (woot 2007 baccs!) so the interview process is still quite fresh in my head still, will be happy to answer questions and help out in the questionare/ interview process =)

Feel free to email me if you have specific or personal questions at glorycrusaders_light@hotmail.com
ROFLMAO, you are one VERY VERY game individual. I leave my details in my BoS profile and I still get a lot of PMs and MSN adds....

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Welcome to my world *glare* Hahaha, nah a lot of the schools i've been visiting has been asking me if there's any way to find people to talk one on one for advice and info, so i suggested this site, where good people like you will be available :)

vizman

HSC
hey 201055 just wondering whether you get to choose which firms you work at and positions etc.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
You do get to submit your preferences to which out of the available sponsors positions you'd like to get into, but of course there cannot be an guarantee you'll get your 1st choice owing to other considerations involved such as the sponsors preferences.

In terms of positions, this changes every year and its up to the sponsor to decide where they'd like to place you. However, its possible (like some 2nd years have told me) that you can raise to your supervisor about your interest to be assigned into an area of your interest. But this will depend on your sponsor, of course.

3li

HSC
N/A
raydawg
i started this thread
im working at dbrreef
20155 is working at kpmg
haha ps it sounds weird calling u by a number

peac e

BaCC 07~~
HSC
Hahah so you ARE 3li =P Yeah, i made a mistake when registering, but hey its a nice, anonymous number no-one knows who it is :D

=candii=

HSC
201055 said:
Hahah so you ARE 3li =P Yeah, i made a mistake when registering, but hey its a nice, anonymous number no-one knows who it is :D
hahahahhahahaahaha made a mistake when registering =P rayjay your funny =)
muahaha kca all the wayy i can get you free huggies nappies if you want (i think...meh no acutally i dont think i can...)

Last edited:

BaCC 07~~
HSC
=candii= said:
hahahahhahahaahaha made a mistake when registering =P rayjay your funny =)
muahaha kca all the wayy i can get you free huggies nappies if you want (i think...meh no acutally i dont think i can...)
Haha Laama? Oops, Laama...no...Laa...Laamia! Yes the nappies would come in handy, i'll at least get a good night's sleep for once...=(

P.S GET OFF BOS AND START STUDYING FOR BSTATS! ;)

steeve

SteeVe
HSC
Yes yes BAcc is a great. This is comming from someone that went unsw for 1 semester before switching to BAcc so i know wat its like in both worlds =)

And for all those ladies out there dun add 201055 to your msn call me on 042382356X all the guys can just talk to 201055

<= i do look good dun I =), if u dun believe =candii= will back me up!

201055 said:

P.S yeah i'm the guy who offered at NSG.
adding u to msn right now!
ive got heaps of personal sutff i wanan tell you about!!!!
also wat do i need to do to get some good hints? i will do anything =P *wink* *wink*

Also could i get some of wat u offered at NSG?

miss-smexy said:
201055 is the coolest :)
SteeVe is coool too!

Last edited:

miss-smexy

HSC
steeve said:
Yes yes BAcc is a great. This is comming from someone that went unsw for 1 semester before switching to BAcc so i know wat its like in both worlds =)

And for all those ladies out there dun add 201055 to your msn call me on 0423823565 all the guys can just talk to 201055

also wat do i need to do to get some good hints? i will do anything =P *wink* *wink*

Rofl :rofl:

Was that the UNSW co-op scholarship that you abandoned?

Last edited:

BaCC 07~~
HSC
steeve said:

And for all those ladies out there dun add 201055 to your msn call me on 0423823565 all the guys can just talk to 201055

SteeVe is coool too!
Lol... =.= The least u could have done was put a WRONG mobile number up -.- I've been getting reaaallly strange calls x.x

Regarding hints, nah dw about it, you won't make the course anyway, just don't bother coming ;)

For all those lonely girls out there, call Steve for a good time :D Hot sexy asian guy who buffs out in the gym a lot ;) Call X! Don't hesitate, a good time is just a call away :)

Last edited:

steeve

SteeVe
HSC
omg 201055 but i want some of wat u gave to miss-smexy
she seems to be a satisfied customer ><.

201055 said:
For all those lonely girls out there, call Steve for a good time :D Hot sexy asian guy who buffs out in the gym a lot ;) Call 0435 008 016! Don't hesitate, a good time is just a call away :)
Yes yes please do call me with ALL your needs. [size=-14]Calls charged at a rate of $4.95 per min in blocks of 5 min. Connection fee of $19.95 applies.[/size]

i dident abadon a unsw co-op

i was studying engineering at unsw and found the maths physics + computing really really boring..... and walking into lectures of 1000 asain and curry men isent the greatest thing in the world especially after going through 6 years of a all boys high school =P

Anothing thing i found that was good about uts BAcc is the fast track.

Yes it is a pain starting uni 6 weeks before everyone else but its acctually really really fun tho. Plus u make like 36 instant friends which is great!

I found that when i went to unsw i basically stuck to the group of friends i knew in high school caus it was kinda hard to make new friends (no i am not anti-social). You say hi to someone in a lecture and the next time u have that lecture u wont see the person again, after all their are like 300 400 500 people in any lecture.

Travel is another issue. The bus lines SUCK especially at the start of the semester. if you dont believe me line up at the 891 bus lines and see how long it takes u to get from central to unsw not to mention the cost of the bus tickets. Then u can try walking from central to uts (nice 5 min relaxing walk).

But then again unsw does have things good about it.

Firstly it dosent look like crap (yes uts is ugly)
More of a "university life" since everyone is forced to do stuff on campus as its placed in the middle of no where. while uts students tend to wonder off to the city next door.
More facilities at unsw.
Some may argue a better more reconised university but i disagree. But I am telling you guys from first hand experience that the teaching at uts is just as good as unsw if not better.

And also unsw co-op tends to focus alot on ur uai. if ur mr100 uai then they will take u just caus u like 8 unit maths. They tend to focus less on personal attributes, so relatively we us BAccs are cool when placed next to unsw co-ops.

ok enough of essay.com back to study =\

BaCC 07~~
HSC
magpam said:
lol this thread is finally starting to get interesting

are you guys friends?
Haha nah, Steve's an awesome guy, always going out of his way to help people in need =) It's people like him that makes BaCC so much better than *cough* unsw. esides, h's China and i'm SARS (HK) so he's my azzie bro =)

*pleads to steve* Pleaaaase take my mobile off lol i'm getting strange calls from pretty deep voiced men at 3 in the night... I promise to be good =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)