Bachelor of applied finace/Bachelor of commerce(professional accounting) (1 Viewer)

prazo94

HSC
Hey guys, i'm planning to join macq uni's bachelor of applied finance/bachelor of commerce(professional accounting) in 2013.
I just have a couple of questions(probably should have asked earlier :p):

1. Is this course heavily mathematics involved, theory or an even mixture of both?
2. If it's accredited by the institute of chartered accountants..does it make it easier to do a CA or CPA in the future?
3. Will I be able to do investment banking in the future?
4. And will the various "levels" i.e. 100 level, 200 level and 300 level be studied over the 4 year period? (actually I don't understand what these levels mean...)

thanks

Kingportable

HSC
Someone please answer him i am interested in this too! I wanna move from Economics to a App Finance/Eco double for investment banking. Also i was reading around and this Greg Coffey guy i think either did Applied Finance or Economics he was a Mac alumni who amassed a billion dollars in his work in investment at London.

Last edited:

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
I do this degree.

1- So far it is pretty simple.
2- Yep
3- I also want to do IB :p
4- You don't need to until uni. Basically, 100-level = first year, 200-level = 2nd year and so on. It is just 300-level is usually done over 1-2 years

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Someone please answer him i am interested in this too! I wanna move from Economics to a App Finance/Eco double for investment banking. Also i was reading around and this Greg Coffey guy i think either did Applied Finance or Economics he was a Mac alumni who amassed a billion dollars in his work in investment at London.
It is fun. I do the degree

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Pls dnt do that degree. DO A FRIGGIN ECONOMIC DEGRRE AND GET DA MONEEEEYYYY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)