Bachelor of applied finace/Bachelor of commerce(professional accounting) (1 Viewer)

prazo94

HSC
Hey guys, i'm planning to join macq uni's bachelor of applied finance/bachelor of commerce(professional accounting) in 2013.
I just have a couple of questions(probably should have asked earlier :p):

1. Is this course heavily mathematics involved, theory or an even mixture of both?
2. If it's accredited by the institute of chartered accountants..does it make it easier to do a CA or CPA in the future?
3. Will I be able to do investment banking in the future?
4. And will the various "levels" i.e. 100 level, 200 level and 300 level be studied over the 4 year period? (actually I don't understand what these levels mean...)

twenty12

HSC
1. Assumed knowledge for accounting is general maths, for applied finance its recommended you know 3 unit math..Also I've heard the maths gets esp. difficult around third year.
2. It is accredited and exams are usually tougher at Macq so you should be well prepared for accreditation for CA/CPA later.
3. IB is highly competitive and from what I've read on these forums they usually favour go8 unis, but you might have a chance with exceptional grades.
4. Yes, 100 level subjects are a prerequisite to 200 level subjects, and 200 to 300.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)