Bachelor of Arts and Business (1 Viewer)

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I know the chances of finding someone who does the Bachelor of Arts and Business at UNSW here is quite low since it's a fairly new course, but I was wondering if anyone knew much about it, or knew someone who does it, or does the course themselves.

The course is offered by the Arts and Social Sciences faculty I think, so does this mean it has a strong emphasis on Arts over the Business side of things? Looking at the structure, there doesn't SEEM to be a strong bias towards Arts, but I'm not completely sure I fully understand the course structure so I wanted a second opinion.

For me, getting some practical experience and networks is quite important, and I'd like to get into business, but I'm not completely sure if this course has nearly as many benefits as, say, the BCom (but the ATAR of 96.30 is a little too high for me I'm guessing- Bachelor of Arts and Business is 90, which I'm pretty sure I'll make). I've also seen that there's the opportunity for international exchange with this course, which is appealing to me. I'm just worried that it won't really prepare me extremely well for a career in business- perhaps it would be better to do BBus at UTS for example. I'm just not sure, so any help and opinions about this would be great.

Thanks.

eileend

HSC
im doing B science and business (tranfered this sem) and its mainly a science major (in your case, an arts major) with some components of business with the core subjects: microeco, marketing, accounting 1A and management along with 24 credits of other business electives....

Redyapper

HSC
N/A
im doing B science and business (tranfered this sem) and its mainly a science major (in your case, an arts major) with some components of business with the core subjects: microeco, marketing, accounting 1A and management along with 24 credits of other business electives....
Oh okay, thanks. So it does have a tiny bit more emphasis on the arts side?

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
not tiny bit, it is an arts degree with 8 commerce subjects

eileend

HSC
Well B arts and business and B arts are super similar to each other,
with B arts it includes an arts major and free electives but in B arts/bus those free electives are used on commerce subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)