• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Commerce (liberal studies) (1 Viewer)

goodnessme

HSC
Hello, I am doing Bachelor of Science in usyd and I am intending to transfer to Commerce(liberal studies) next year. I got an uai of 97.45 and my gpa for the first semester is 5.5. I am wondering what is the chance of me getting into the new degree?

The reason I asked is because I contacted the admission office and they said with my uai, I will need a gpa of credit - distinction, which is some what unspecific.

Using the NRSL index formula, if I maintain my current gpa, my index will be:

(97.45+93)/2 = 95.225

Can somebody please help me- because the NRSL for law is well know to be around 96+ but not for commerce, which is a popular degree as well.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Com (Lib) NRSL requirements vary greatly from year to year. For transfer in 2006, you would have needed an index higher than law. For transfer in 2007, the index wasn't too high.

The reason for the fluctuations is that only about 50 people get accepted into the degree. In some years, only one person may quit, and if someone applying got a 99UAI and a D average, you're basically screwed

goodnessme

HSC
I guess I will have to work extremely hard and get some HDs to pull my GPA up. :mad::read::read:

ledzeppelin

HSC
Hey stazi, is there anywhere where you can view the necessary NRSL requirements to transfer into this course?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep, at the student centre. I think the guy's name is andre: he works in records

Milla212

HSC
He told me it was around 94 last year but has the possibility of changing greatly this year.
Also that 'UAI not counting anymore' thing I posted about before..

spence

HSC
Is the UAI no longer counting for all courses? Or just some specific ones?

Milla212

HSC
I don't know - sorry. I was only talking to the studin admin guy about Comm (Lib,) but it did sound like you was talking generally... Best to ask the office.

flamhorn

HSC
stazi said:
The reason for the fluctuations is that only about 50 people get accepted into the degree. In some years, only one person may quit, and if someone applying got a 99UAI and a D average, you're basically screwed
Just curious, where did you hear that from? My friend doing the degree says only 30 people got accepted in her year (2008). I just dismissed this as hearsay until now...

Hopefully the quotas have risen in the past couple of years =/
I know of at least 7 people applying for a transfer who have more than cleared the uai cut-off :( Only 23 more places left...I really want one!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I based it on the number of people doing ECOF1001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)