Bachelor of computer science and technology (1 Viewer)

Munchy

HSC
1. Whats the different between the advanced course the the normal one? I see that the UAI entry for advanced is 94.65 but the normal one is just 85.05...

2. I see that there is some compulsory maths subjects - "12 credit points of study in Mathematics at 1000 level, covering topics including calculus, linear algebra and statistics. " is it similar to stuff we cover in our 2U/3U HSC course?

3. What kind of assessments do you get most often? (lots of exams, lots of assignments, speeches, presentations?)

4. How many people get in roughly each year?

Winston

HSC
1) Advance and Normal has not much difference, besides the fact you have to do advance level units and you must maintain a certain mark or you'll be kicked down to normal.

2) Depends what maths you do, there's Life Sciences (More geared towards 2u/3u), Normal and Advance, most people do Normal, some of the stuff is retaught, but some of it requires a bit of 4 u knowledge, but that's taught too, but if you did 4 u, you would have an advantage. If you do Life Sciences, you close off all oppurtunities for future study of any other maths, not that you would wanna anyways haha, but it's still good to do normal for backup purposes if u do change ur mind and turn into a maths whiz.

3) Depends, what subjects you do, first year BCST, you have to do Software, and two maths as the compulsory subs for both semesters and you get 2 free electives in any faculty. However i warn you, some people struggle with Software, so yeah, be prepared.

4) Not sure, but generally there are vacancies every year in BCST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)